onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R2 Fleetwood Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Bit OTT with Robinson. He missed a very good chance and had a quiet game where we were on the backfoot for a lot of it. Did you see Kai Havert's debut performance for Chelsea last night?! Cullen has the shirt right now but I don't think Robinson will be slipping down the order based on one game.

From what I’ve seen of everyone this season so far I’d have it as Cullen Rodney pope Robinson- doesn’t seem like he offers a lot just an opinion 

Advert

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Bit OTT with Robinson. He missed a very good chance and had a quiet game where we were on the backfoot for a lot of it.

I agree. He's a player that wants to play on the shoulder and run in behind but the game wasn't there for him to do that. In general a lot of the balls where just played footing in the air with his back to goal which is defo not his game. He missed a sitter yes but more importantly he was there to get on the end of a chance. If he wasn't getting in there for the chance then I would be worried.

He will be better for having the 90 mins.

Disappointing - we could have won that if we'd made our pressure pay at the start of the second half - and encouraging at the same time with a fine display by our second string against a L1 playoff side. We paid the price though for switching off in the last twenty minutes and then playing the long ball as if we'd had Tom Pope up top instead of Theo. We also wasted three set pieces at the end with poor deliveries.

But on the whole an engaging game with some noticeable performances by Hurst, Monty and Manny who was MOM for me. It's probably too soon for him against Exeter but when he's back he's going to make a big difference for us with his quality and physical presence in midfield. Thought McKirdy looked good in flashes but he has a long way to go in terms of fitness.

Next up, Exeter who will now know - if they didn't know before - that they are in for a hard game.

UTV!

PS A shocking display of incompetence and bias from the ref.

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Thought he was very poor. You can’t be missing chances like that. In comparison to Cullen I’d have Cullen far ahead of him. 

Mckirdy looks like he will be an asset in league 2. Liked the look of hurst. Very raw but something there. Manny for me is comfortably our best Cm and looked very good tonight. 

Not too fussed by the score line. As you say basically a reserve side away from home against a strong league 1 side. Just a shame that we’ve missed a sitter and given away two awful goals. 

And it was the League cup - a competition where our reputation precedes us ...........Its crap - but our overall performance tonight was very good. Crooks, Hurst,  Manny all very good and as others have said the only down side being Theo. In my opinion he's not a lone striker like Tom is. Tom can keep defenders busy but Theo doesn't seem to be able to. He doesn't look likely to score up top on his own .  I'm sure Cullen would have taken the one chance Theo had. Theo may benefit from being brought on later in the game than starting.   Also I wonder if Theo's nose has been put out by the signing of Mckirdy ?  Shame he didnt take the opportunity tonight to give Askey something to Think about ...... Cullen at Exeter without a doubt.

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

So is Robinson the scapegoat today with Fitzpatrick not playing?

This forum is full of people who see there arse the second you say anything negative about a player, it’s a discussion on the game Robinson had 0 contribution for 90 minutes literally did nothing people are allowed to critise a performance- I hope that he comes good for us and proves us wrong but to me personally he looks no different to the first time we had him 

2 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

So is Robinson the scapegoat today with Fitzpatrick not playing?

I dont see him as a scapegoat - No one is saying we lost because of him . Its just general observation by many vale fans that on the whole against a very strong team from a division above Theo did not shine as much as the usual players who get knocked. I thought Crooks had a very good game, compared to some he had at left back. He raised his game.  If you fail to see that Theo didn't rise to the occasion like many other reserve players did then that is your view. I cant remember him worrying the defence throughout the game  which, given he was playing as a lone striker, was his main task.  If he wants to be considered a first choice forward then those types of displays will not have the correct effect on Askey  

Why can't people just accept that some of us are capable of criticising a player's performance as opposed to criticising the individual? It's a bit strange how defensive some get over it. Nobody is making anybody a scapegoat. They're simply observing what a lot of us saw tonight - a poor Theo Robinson performance. Doesn't mean we're saying he's a poor footballer and should be hung out to dry, does it?

Good overall performance from a completely changed team from the weekend.

Pros:
Manny getting a good 70 mins - played very well...
Visser another solid performance - needs to work on his distribution and decision making when the ball is played back to him
Thought Mckirdy showed great pace and desire... that cross for the goal!
We looked generally like we had the game up to 70th minute, Vales changes turned the game in their favour, we really need to make sure players warn up effectively before coming on!

Cons:
The subs coming on at game pace, I thought Askey should have left them off.. but get why he took the likes of manny and mckirdy off (match fitness and protection)
Our constant hoof ball for the last 20 mins
Where was Robinson in large parts of the 2nd half... went missed, no good as a lone striker on that showing
Number of needless fouls we gave away, putting ourselves under pressure (the ref called most of them right for me)

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Why does someone have to be a scapegoat? 

The facts are he was the worst player and missed practically an open goal. That’s not making anyone a scapegoat. He was the weakest player. 

Exactly not saying he is the reason we lost. Just he massively under performed you are allowed to Criticise someone’s performance 

Archived