onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R2 Fleetwood Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

It is basically a reserve game. You simply can’t expect to beat a team a league above with our 2nd string. 

Even so McKirdy looks very good, Crookes has put a good shift in and everyone looks convincing. 

The exception is Robinson who I’ve barely noticed except for his shocking miss. 

Advert

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

It is basically a reserve game. You simply can’t expect to beat a team a league above with our 2nd string. 

Even so McKirdy looks very good, Crookes has put a good shift in and everyone looks convincing. 

I’m not sure I like Robinson as a sole striker, doesn’t get involved enough.

Help i follow. Trying.to purchase match pass for £10. Logging in as told on Saturday by ticket office which didn't work btw! If I go to select package, and try it simply takes me to my.profile page. It shouldn't be this hard! Any ideas?

That's exactly what happened to me on Saturday, did my head in then all of a sudden on 84 mins started working.

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Cullen definitely won't be losing any sleep tonight. But it's just one game and on another day he would have put away his one chance and people would have been saying that's exactly what good, clinical strikers do. Just think back to the days of Cecilia, Angus and Elliott and he'll seem like the lower league Thierry Henry!

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Thought he was very poor. You can’t be missing chances like that. In comparison to Cullen I’d have Cullen far ahead of him. 

Mckirdy looks like he will be an asset in league 2. Liked the look of hurst. Very raw but something there. Manny for me is comfortably our best Cm and looked very good tonight. 

Not too fussed by the score line. As you say basically a reserve side away from home against a strong league 1 side. Just a shame that we’ve missed a sitter and given away two awful goals. 

2 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

All I can say is.....well done Askey!!!

That is a very exciting line up and even if we lose, he’s 100% put the right team out for me!!

My God, just 2....yes TWO years ago what we’d have given for that as a first team. Now it’s arguably the ‘reserves’!!!

Askey out!!! 

I won't hold any negative thoughts on that showing. 10 changes against the first team of one of the best sides in the league above, and we've lost by one goal. Couple of promising performances from Hurst and Whitehead. Manny was fantastic and if his fitness keeps up, he's going to be instrumental this season. Just hope Gibbo is back as soon as possible otherwise Zak Mills is going to be burnt out.

Roll on Saturday. Tough game, but the sort of game we need to see where we're at. Fancy us on current form though and their defensive frailties. Got some good young talent though so won't be an easy afternoon.

Things to take from tonight, out squad is extremely strong we didn’t disgrace ourselves with a reserve team out against a team who will be around play offs in league above. Manny got through another 70 mins looked like the manny we love and hopefully is getting past his injury problems. Mckirdy was quiet got assist for our goal but think he hasn’t had much of a pre season some minutes under his belt aswell. Visser again another strong performance. Whitehead got the goal wasn’t overly impressed with performance doesn’t look anything special to me but again good back up to our usual starters in midfield. Robinson doesn’t look to have much about in little hold up play movement no existent missed a sitter. I think he will find himself down the pecking order after tonight’s performance. Again I thought DTS looks like a player didn’t have much of the ball tonight but thought defensively he was good looks very tidy when in possession. Hurst looked bright but never caused much danger to opposition. Thought mills had a better game tonight than at the weekend aswel. Onto Saturday!

A very decent performance from us against a side expected for play offs. Just ran out of steam a little bit in the last 10 mins but overall very happy with that. More minutes for Manny, Monty plus nice to McKirdy show glimpses tonight. He will be a big asset for us. With Amoo to come its going to be very interesting to see the midfield selection when they are all fit.

The keeper looked good again and I thought Crookes was superb at the back.

If nothing else tonight has shown what an excellent squad we have.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Things to take from tonight, out squad is extremely strong we didn’t disgrace ourselves with a reserve team out against a team who will be around play offs in league above. Manny got through another 70 mins looked like the manny we love and hopefully is getting past his injury problems. Mckirdy was quiet got assist for our goal but think he hasn’t had much of a pre season some minutes under his belt aswell. Visser again another strong performance. Whitehead got the goal wasn’t overly impressed with performance doesn’t look anything special to me but again good back up to our usual starters in midfield. Robinson doesn’t look to have much about in little hold up play movement no existent missed a sitter. I think he will find himself down the pecking order after tonight’s performance. Again I thought DTS looks like a player didn’t have much of the ball tonight but thought defensively he was good looks very tidy when in possession. Hurst looked bright but never caused much danger to opposition. Thought mills had a better game tonight than at the weekend aswel. Onto Saturday!

Bit OTT with Robinson. He missed a very good chance and had a quiet game where we were on the backfoot for a lot of it. Did you see Kai Havert's debut performance for Chelsea last night?! Cullen has the shirt right now but I don't think Robinson will be slipping down the order based on one game.

Was quite impressed overall tonight.

Positives for me were manny (we went backwards when Joyce came on), Hurst, Visser and mckirdy (second half).

Negatives were crookes (his distribution is still worful) and Robinson.

With regard to Robinson, he seemed to suffer the same fate as pope does in that for whatever reason our back line seems to take the easy option of just lumping it up to the big no 9. Do wish they'd stop that and have a bit more confidence.

Manny must start for me on Saturday.

Expected that , not bad considering we put out a weaker side. Definitely gave them a game

Manny and Monty played well. Mckirdy put a cracking cross in for the goal and hopefully he will do it on a regular basis once fit.

Set pieces are a worry , need to be doing better.

Also think Burgess has looked poor so far,  hopefully just a bad patch.

God awful ref as well.

All the about the league this season.  Bring on Exeter 

Archived