Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

1 minute ago, onestepatatime said:
5 minutes ago, upthevale said:
Wow, that was a solid tidy performance, and with all the strong backup not in the starting line up, the future does look bright! 
Special mention to Legge and Smith, they looked really good. Also Rodney, great performance! Well done everyone, exciting times. 

Tried for ages on ifollow as a season ticket holder. Dire. In the end gave up, restarted and paid £10 to view. Still Vale get most of that and we won so I'll forgive 1st foray into ifollow. Hope I can get next matches for free with my code inserted!

Start a live chat with ifollow support now, or email ticketoffice@port-vale.co.uk, and you'll get your money back. 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dicko was terrible. I have no clue why everyone bangs on about this guy. 

Why does Fitzpatrick get stick so much? Is it because CJ Hamilton ran past him a couple of times in a friendly when he had no fitness? He's a solid L2 LB and had another dependable game again, cleari

Sproson didn't miss an opportunity to have a crack at both full backs guess he must have a few on his books he needs to move on.

Posted Images

Great start to the season, nothing beats three points and a clean sheet. First half performance was impressive. The second half turned very scrappy, but we did well to see the game out. Rodney looks a real handful. There is certainly work to be done with him, but judging by that 80 minutes, we have a real player on our hands. UTV!

• Like 2

If Rodders wasn't raw he simply wouldn't be with us. At the very least he has two things defenders at this level in-particular hate, and that's pace and power. Once his first touch improves and he has a bit more intelligence at times he will be someone opposition tries to double up on, which leaves space for others.

Edited by TylerB

A solid start to the season with a clean sheet. How did we not get a penalty earlier doors for GBH on Smith?

I'm not too surprised by the lack of subs as I expect another 6+ changes for the game on Tuesday to keep rotating the squad to build players fitness levels -  plus we know King John doesn't like making subs until 80 mins.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If Rodders wasn't raw he simply wouldn't be with us. At the very least he has two things defenders at this level in-particular hate, and that's pace and power. Once his first touch improves and he has a bit more intelligence at times he will be someone opposition tries to double up on, which leaves space for others.

Also TylerB unpredictable and that is  something we lacked and a good thing to add to our arsenal.

• Like 2

Just now, MBE said:

plus we know King John doesn't like making subs until 80 mins.

I misread this at first, and now have to insist that the convention on OVF is we all call the manager Kim John-il. 

• Haha 1

Good win and a solid start, without really having to get out of second gear.

RB and LB look weak to me, but other than that I thought we were good value for the win. I'll feel better with gibbo and montano in them positions.

Rodney looks exciting, if a little raw and I am very happy for Cullen with 2 goals. Smith and legge solid as usual and Scott Brown had a good game.

• Like 1

Fitzpatrick and Mills aren't going to be two of our better players. But we should all remember they were making their competitive debut for the club and should only improve. As back up to Montano and Gibbons i'm perfectly fine with them from what they've shown so far. On a more positive note, surely the trio of Brown, Smith and Legge have to be right up there as the best in the league.

• Like 4

Like many others I had problems getting access to the game but enjoyed what I managed to see and thought we were full value, despite a bit of rust and some dodgy defending at times down the wings. We created chances at the other end and might have scored 3-4 so I think we were worthy winners at the end.

I too think that we often leave it late to make subs as the midfield three do so much running, often against a four. 

Can't grumble at that. Teams are cagey, not yet fully fit and the weather was warm. Games like these are usually 0-0 draws so to win the game was great.

• Like 1

I did have to smile when Sproey was talking about Rodney's potential.....especially when he's facing the right way! 😂 he's going to have some defenders bricking themselves cos I'm not sure he knows what he's going to do next so how will they......absolute raw talent who could go far. Good solid 3 points for me today....the type of game that you need a W and a clean sheet from. 

• Like 3

Decent start - win, clean sheet, 2 goals and could/should of been more.

I didn’t think we played particularly well but certainly did enough to beat poor opposition. 

I think there is more to come from us, particularly with the likes of Oyeleke, McKirdy, Gibbons, Pope all not featuring today.

• Like 1

For those who had trouble with I follow codes not working, I put my code in on Thursday to activate the match. For the next match it may be worth entering your code as soon as you get it so if there are  problems you have time to get a new code from the ticket office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1