Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

3 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Same team that started the Scunthorpe game I can imagine will start tomorrow, I believe that’s what askey sees as his strongest 11 at the moment I’ve heard mckirdy although fit isn’t anywhere near match fitness so would be surprised if he is involved or gets on the bench for the game tomorrow, with us having plenty of other options - I’m going 3:0 vale tomorrow burgess cullen and Rodney getting the goals and if you saw my mckirdy prediction on the other thread might be worth putting couple of quid on my score prediction 😅😅😅😅

We should have more than enough to beat them, although they have a couple of decent forwards themselves to be fair. But I always bottle it on the eve of the season opener, and would happily take a 1-0 right now just as long as we get the W! 😆

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dicko was terrible. I have no clue why everyone bangs on about this guy. 

Why does Fitzpatrick get stick so much? Is it because CJ Hamilton ran past him a couple of times in a friendly when he had no fitness? He's a solid L2 LB and had another dependable game again, cleari

Sproson didn't miss an opportunity to have a crack at both full backs guess he must have a few on his books he needs to move on.

Posted Images

Versus Crawley:

Brown

Mills.       Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick   

Whitehead.    Joyce.      Conlon

Worrall.        Robinson.        McKirdy

Best XI:

Brown

Gibbo.        Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick 

Manni.        Joyce.    Conlon

Worrall.       Robinson.       McKirdy

However, am sure someone will surprise us (in a positive way) with their performance. And what a bench.

Fantastic transfer window! A great, well balanced squad. Cover all over the park. Really positive. Great work by Askey - well backed by Carol.

I feel that this could be Conlon’s year.

Get Askey signed up on a 5 year deal!

UTV

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Versus Crawley:

Brown

Mills.       Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick   

Whitehead.    Joyce.      Conlon

Worrall.        Robinson.        McKirdy

Best XI:

Brown

Gibbo.        Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick 

Manni.        Joyce.    Conlon

Worrall.       Robinson.       McKirdy

However, am sure someone will surprise us (in a positive way) with their performance. And what a bench.

Fantastic transfer window! A great, well balanced squad. Cover all over the park. Really positive. Great work by Askey - well backed by Carol.

I feel that this could be Conlon’s year.

Get Askey signed up on a 5 year deal!

UTV

Maybe a bit too soon for Manny and McKirdy to start just yet.  Perhaps even a game too soon for Robinson?

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Maybe a bit too soon for Manny and McKirdy to start just yet.  Perhaps even a game too soon for Robinson?

Agree he will go with players he thinks are up to match speed. I think it will be basically be the Scunthorpe starting 11. Its possible he may play Montano on the left in either defence or attack. It's also also possible he could change the central attacking player.

The player who is perhaps a little lucky is Burgess. He hasn't looked as sharp in the 4 streamed games as last season but nobody has looked clearly ahead of him for that position. I'm fairly confident he still has enough credit with Askey to keep his place for now.

Robinson in place of Cullen would be my only change from Saturday. I think the front 3 could rotate seamlessly then throughout the game Robinson and Rodney have done it a little already. Last season I was cautiously optimistic this season I'm genuinely excited

14 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Same team that started the Scunthorpe game I can imagine will start tomorrow, I believe that’s what askey sees as his strongest 11 at the moment I’ve heard mckirdy although fit isn’t anywhere near match fitness so would be surprised if he is involved or gets on the bench for the game tomorrow, with us having plenty of other options - I’m going 3:0 vale tomorrow burgess cullen and Rodney getting the goals and if you saw my mckirdy prediction on the other thread might be worth putting couple of quid on my score prediction 😅😅😅😅

You’ll just get laughed at again mate...

Wear New vale shirt -Check

Code applied to Iplayer - Check

Read match day program - Check 

Baesd on fitness My team would be -:

Brown, Mills,Legge,Smith,Monty,Joyce,Burgess,Conlon,Worrall,Robinson,Rodney

Hope we get the luxury to get more minutes into Manny for the last 20..

Come on lads 3 Points please!!!

9 hours ago, JRC said:

Agree he will go with players he thinks are up to match speed. I think it will be basically be the Scunthorpe starting 11. Its possible he may play Montano on the left in either defence or attack. It's also also possible he could change the central attacking player.

The player who is perhaps a little lucky is Burgess. He hasn't looked as sharp in the 4 streamed games as last season but nobody has looked clearly ahead of him for that position. I'm fairly confident he still has enough credit with Askey to keep his place for now.

Watched Burgess very carefully at Scunthorpe and it's easy to forget his contribution. When the move for the first goal began, the ball came down the wing to Worrall, then to Conlon who moved inside before passing to Burgess. It was then Burgess's clever pass back out to Worrall, threaded nicely between two Scunthorpe players that led to the cross, and the goal from Mills. 

So I'm glad he's playing today and let's hope he gets back to his best form.

Considering the squad is missing Gibbo, Amoo and Pope while McKirdy isn't fit yet, it shows the strength in depth of the squad.

Just look at the strength of that bench - Manny, Monty, Theo, Brisley, Whitehead... 

• Like 1