onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

I don't know if its me, but Radio Stoke always seem to allocate us negative co-commentator.

First it was Cullerton, then Ray Williams and now Sproston.

If ever you listen to Graham McGarry & Pete Morse covering Crewe, win lose or draw, you could be mistaken to think you've tuned into a Barcelona match.

I thought Griff was excellent during the week and would love to hear more from him or someone similar.

Advert

Good win without really getting out of second gear, against a team of dossers who just wanted a scrap. Plenty more to come from the Vale. 

Only concern is Fitzpatrick at left back who doesn't seem steady. 

Looking forward to watching the entire 90 mins next game, via the brilliant, efficient iFollow. 

Good win without really getting out of second gear, against a team of dossers who just wanted a scrap. Plenty more to come from the Vale. 

Looking forward to watching the entire 90 mins next game, via the brilliant, efficient iFollow. 

I thought Sproson was pretty fair today to be honest, the full backs were a bit worrying as the game wore on, and Crawley threw on extra attackers.  Maybe he forgot that as things stand both are considered as back up options to Gibbo and Monty so they did OK really.  I thought at times they were left exposed with no cover, so they ended up one v one a bit too often for my liking today but possibly still got beaten a little to easily on a couple of those occasions.  Players are still a bit rusty yet so it's too early to judge.

34 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Sick of Phil Sproson constantly criticising full backs, that he doesn't represent, as an agent.

The full backs weren’t great though? Probably our two weakest players today. He can’t just praise players when they weren’t brilliant. Didn’t hear him criticising the likes of Rodney 

7 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

I don't know if its me, but Radio Stoke always seem to allocate us negative co-commentator.

First it was Cullerton, then Ray Williams and now Sproston.

If ever you listen to Graham McGarry & Pete Morse covering Crewe, win lose or draw, you could be mistaken to think you've tuned into a Barcelona match.

I thought Griff was excellent during the week and would love to hear more from him or someone similar.

I don't want a happy clapper, but as you say Morse and the same at Stoke with Lawrence and Conroy talk their team up giving an air of positivity especially if you can't make the game, too many of the Vales summarisers seem to have an agenda.

I actually thought the ref was pretty decent, aside from missing the assault on smith. I'd take him over Trevor kettle any day of the week. Wasn't over zealous, tried to let the game flow, and was generally competent.

He isn’t wrong in his assessment of the referee

We have League Two full-backs. We've seen both Gibbons and Monty get beat on a number of occasions. It happens at any level. Fitzpatrick is tidy on the ball but he's not blessed with pace, so if he comes up against a pacy/tricky winger then at times he's going to be found wanting. Same for Mills, and our other full-backs.

Today they came back into the game more in the second half for two reasons. One was that they threw on an extra forward, German, who although crap on that performance, was a bit of a unit and another body to deal with at the back. The second was our midfield tired badly, which is why I was surprised that Askey didn't bring on either Oyeleke or Whitehead after 70 minutes. We all know that Conlon generally drifts out of games a touch in the second half, and Joycey, as fit as he is, is 33 years old. To be fair to them their forward Tom Nichols also made a bit of a difference when he came on, but that's not surprising as he's a good player at this level.

1 hour ago, Tubbs said:

1 hour ago, Tubbs said:

Double posting from a man so technologically gifted. Madness. 

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

I actually thought the ref was pretty decent, aside from missing the assault on smith. I'd take him over Trevor kettle any day of the week. Wasn't over zealous, tried to let the game flow, and was generally competent.

Not the worst we'll see that's for sure.  Maybe should have booked at least one of their players for one of several fairly cynical challenges.  One of the officials has to see that elbow surely?

Archived