onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Well done, Vale - at times a scrappy game but with a clean sheet, two goals and three points preserving our unbeaten record on the opening day. 

Highlights for me were Rodney's hour or so of play until he ran out of steam, Cullen's two goals and a really solid performance by our two centre-backs.

MOM for me - Leon Legge who never put a foot wrong.

The worrying bits were our two, admittedly second choice full backs, who never got to grips with their wide players and, Fitzpatrick's goal line header aside,  gave us some worrying moments; and our midfield in the second half. But with our squad we can look forward to Gibbo and Manny coming back, and one or two others as well. Left back is going to be a conundrum again this season but, for me, Monty is much to be preferred over Fitzpatrick or Crookes. 

In the top three already - big challenge then at Exeter on Tuesday! 

Probably best to wait until Saturday,  and turn up at Fleetwood on Tuesday?

10 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

The record continues. Grinding out a good solid win against a dirty side. 

-Thought Rodney was quality today and will only get better with each game

- Smith and Legge solid at the back again

- Mr reliable Brown once showing again why he's the best keeper in league two

- Crawley and Stevenage both need to be in the bin. Horrible sides that kick lumps out of the opposition for 90 minutes , hope they both go down

Three points and a clean sheet even without key players shows how we strong in depth we are. Bring on Tuesday UTV

Yes, disgraceful side. They deserve to go down - back to non-league where they belong. Hope their centre half who elbowed Smudge gets cited and banned.

Wow, that was a solid tidy performance, and with all the strong backup not in the starting line up, the future does look bright! 
Special mention to Legge and Smith, they looked really good. Also Rodney, great performance! Well done everyone, exciting times. 
Tried for ages on ifollow as a season ticket holder. Dire. In the end gave up, restarted and paid £10 to view. Still Vale get most of that and we won so I'll forgive 1st foray into ifollow. Hope I can get next matches for free with my code inserted!

1 minute ago, onestepatatime said:
5 minutes ago, upthevale said:
Wow, that was a solid tidy performance, and with all the strong backup not in the starting line up, the future does look bright! 
Special mention to Legge and Smith, they looked really good. Also Rodney, great performance! Well done everyone, exciting times. 

Tried for ages on ifollow as a season ticket holder. Dire. In the end gave up, restarted and paid £10 to view. Still Vale get most of that and we won so I'll forgive 1st foray into ifollow. Hope I can get next matches for free with my code inserted!

Start a live chat with ifollow support now, or email [email protected], and you'll get your money back. 

Great start to the season, nothing beats three points and a clean sheet. First half performance was impressive. The second half turned very scrappy, but we did well to see the game out. Rodney looks a real handful. There is certainly work to be done with him, but judging by that 80 minutes, we have a real player on our hands. UTV!

If Rodders wasn't raw he simply wouldn't be with us. At the very least he has two things defenders at this level in-particular hate, and that's pace and power. Once his first touch improves and he has a bit more intelligence at times he will be someone opposition tries to double up on, which leaves space for others.

A solid start to the season with a clean sheet. How did we not get a penalty earlier doors for GBH on Smith?

I'm not too surprised by the lack of subs as I expect another 6+ changes for the game on Tuesday to keep rotating the squad to build players fitness levels -  plus we know King John doesn't like making subs until 80 mins.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If Rodders wasn't raw he simply wouldn't be with us. At the very least he has two things defenders at this level in-particular hate, and that's pace and power. Once his first touch improves and he has a bit more intelligence at times he will be someone opposition tries to double up on, which leaves space for others.

Also TylerB unpredictable and that is  something we lacked and a good thing to add to our arsenal.

Archived