onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Crawley Town

Fosse69

7 hours ago, Vale Fan In DGardens said:

Sorted this morning me pass for the match looking forwards to it .

Going be tough Crawley were very good last time out against the Vale ,only a string of fine saves from Scott Brown got us a point at there ground last season .

Team well you would go for the ones who are in form and the ones who are eager to get on that turf and show the footballing world that Port Vales a very good team.

Brown 

Mills Legge Brisley Fitzpatrick 

Joyce 

Worrall     Conlon Burgess Rodney (Monty after a hr)for one of the two Burgess or Conlon 

Cullen (Robinson on after 75)

Thats my team although I’m not really fussed who as  the shirts as long as they all pull in the same direction we can and will cause a lot of teams trouble ones hoping anyway UTV 

How does an away game last December have any bearing on this one ?

Advert

1 hour ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I’d go for the below.

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Monty

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall  Cullen  Rodney

I thought Monty looked fully fit, so he comes back in. Would love to start Manny, but it would be too much of a risk. I’d like to see Rodney down the middle, but Cullen’s form at home last season was very good, so it would a bit harsh to disregard that. I reckon Robinson needs a little bit more match fitness to be considered. 

Think it will be a tight game, so an early goal would be lovely to settle the nerves. Really looking forward to it! UTV. 

Me too. At the moment, I think that looks our strongest side. It's encouraging to think as well that we have Gibbo, Manny, Robinson and Popey all potentially in contention over the coming weeks.

2 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I’d go for the below.

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Monty

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall  Cullen  Rodney

I thought Monty looked fully fit, so he comes back in. Would love to start Manny, but it would be too much of a risk. I’d like to see Rodney down the middle, but Cullen’s form at home last season was very good, so it would a bit harsh to disregard that. I reckon Robinson needs a little bit more match fitness to be considered. 

Think it will be a tight game, so an early goal would be lovely to settle the nerves. Really looking forward to it! UTV. 

Some suggestion on the net that Crawley have a bit of pace down the flanks so this is another reason to bring Monty back in.

On 10/09/2020 at 13:15, PV1973 said:

I think left back area becomes ever weaker with 2 players arguably out of position  with monty as left back and Rodney on the wing. I'd rather see us go with Fitzpatrick at left back and Monty on the left.

Rodney was used as a winger at Stockport, Salford and Hartlepool,  he only played down the middle at Halifax(20 out of 94 appearances). So his experience is predominately as a left winger, though he has also played on the right. The issue is he wants to be a centreforward and I suspect at some point he will nail that position down. Askey is trying for more of a fexible front 3 this season, which will give Rodney an advantage over Amoo, who is more of an out and out winger. May also help McKirdy as he (ironically) has actually spent most of his career more centrally. Its only really at Carlisle McKirdy played on the wing and even at Carlisle he played some games in the middle of a front 3; though predominantly on the left.

Same team that started the Scunthorpe game I can imagine will start tomorrow, I believe that’s what askey sees as his strongest 11 at the moment I’ve heard mckirdy although fit isn’t anywhere near match fitness so would be surprised if he is involved or gets on the bench for the game tomorrow, with us having plenty of other options - I’m going 3:0 vale tomorrow burgess cullen and Rodney getting the goals and if you saw my mckirdy prediction on the other thread might be worth putting couple of quid on my score prediction 😅😅😅😅

3 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Same team that started the Scunthorpe game I can imagine will start tomorrow, I believe that’s what askey sees as his strongest 11 at the moment I’ve heard mckirdy although fit isn’t anywhere near match fitness so would be surprised if he is involved or gets on the bench for the game tomorrow, with us having plenty of other options - I’m going 3:0 vale tomorrow burgess cullen and Rodney getting the goals and if you saw my mckirdy prediction on the other thread might be worth putting couple of quid on my score prediction 😅😅😅😅

We should have more than enough to beat them, although they have a couple of decent forwards themselves to be fair. But I always bottle it on the eve of the season opener, and would happily take a 1-0 right now just as long as we get the W! 😆

Versus Crawley:

Brown

Mills.       Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick   

Whitehead.    Joyce.      Conlon

Worrall.        Robinson.        McKirdy

Best XI:

Brown

Gibbo.        Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick 

Manni.        Joyce.    Conlon

Worrall.       Robinson.       McKirdy

However, am sure someone will surprise us (in a positive way) with their performance. And what a bench.

Fantastic transfer window! A great, well balanced squad. Cover all over the park. Really positive. Great work by Askey - well backed by Carol.

I feel that this could be Conlon’s year.

Get Askey signed up on a 5 year deal!

UTV

2 hours ago, Diego Maradona said:

Versus Crawley:

Brown

Mills.       Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick   

Whitehead.    Joyce.      Conlon

Worrall.        Robinson.        McKirdy

Best XI:

Brown

Gibbo.        Legge.         Smith.        Fitzpatrick 

Manni.        Joyce.    Conlon

Worrall.       Robinson.       McKirdy

However, am sure someone will surprise us (in a positive way) with their performance. And what a bench.

Fantastic transfer window! A great, well balanced squad. Cover all over the park. Really positive. Great work by Askey - well backed by Carol.

I feel that this could be Conlon’s year.

Get Askey signed up on a 5 year deal!

UTV

Maybe a bit too soon for Manny and McKirdy to start just yet.  Perhaps even a game too soon for Robinson?

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Maybe a bit too soon for Manny and McKirdy to start just yet.  Perhaps even a game too soon for Robinson?

Agree he will go with players he thinks are up to match speed. I think it will be basically be the Scunthorpe starting 11. Its possible he may play Montano on the left in either defence or attack. It's also also possible he could change the central attacking player.

The player who is perhaps a little lucky is Burgess. He hasn't looked as sharp in the 4 streamed games as last season but nobody has looked clearly ahead of him for that position. I'm fairly confident he still has enough credit with Askey to keep his place for now.

14 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

You’ll just get laughed at again mate...

Wear New vale shirt -Check

Code applied to Iplayer - Check

Read match day program - Check 

Baesd on fitness My team would be -:

Brown, Mills,Legge,Smith,Monty,Joyce,Burgess,Conlon,Worrall,Robinson,Rodney

Hope we get the luxury to get more minutes into Manny for the last 20..

Come on lads 3 Points please!!!

Archived