Match Thread: FLT G1 Port Vale v Tranmere R

No Vale games for months then 5 in 15 days,  now for Tranmere smarting after their  cup defeat by Harrogate.  carry on building confidence , match fitness,  and cohesion.    Snatching wins in injury time installs a strive to the end culture  in the team,   and excitement for the fans,  but the league game on Saturday is the priority,  avoiding injury is  a must.  There is still Wigan and Liverpool u21s to come,, but £10,000 for a win is not to be sniffed at,  go for it Vale.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lets get it right. Baring two players that was basically our reserve team. They had a much stronger side out than we did, and playing at home goes a little bit out the window to a degree without a cro

I thought DTS played very well, got stuck in and nailed Spearing early doors! Hurst did well but unsure if he’s ready yet. Did some good things but his final ball wasn’t there, potential is there cer

I don’t think that many would watch an EFL Trophy game on line at £10 a pop, which is why imo, all these games should have been played first with no fans( there were hardly any anyway)  leaving more t

Posted Images

On 06/09/2020 at 12:52, Conrad said:

I expect Pope will play in this, to help keep his match fitness up.

Think I’d probably prefer to give Robinson or Rodney some minutes. We need to get them up to speed first. Pope doesn’t really need match fitness seeing as he is still a month away from being considered. 

2 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Think I’d probably prefer to give Robinson or Rodney some minutes. We need to get them up to speed first. Pope doesn’t really need match fitness seeing as he is still a month away from being considered. 

That was my point, he won’t play in any league or carabau cup games for a month, so play him in this one so he gets some match fitness.

3 hours ago, Conrad said:

That was my point, he won’t play in any league or carabau cup games for a month, so play him in this one so he gets some match fitness.

My point is that I don’t think one game now will have a bearing on his match fitness in a month’s time. Also, from a tactical point of view, better to see how Robinson or Rodney are in a competitive game. We know what Pope can do, so I think it’s pointless playing him from the start when we have other options that need to gel. By all means give him 20 mins at the end.  

9 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

I'd agree he won't be match fit regardless of whether he plays in this one. I'm sure he'll play the Wigan game which is at the end of his ban.

On 06/09/2020 at 11:52, Conrad said:

I expect Pope will play in this, to help keep his match fitness up.

Thought he was banned from all matches for 6 games?

I know we all think this is a tinpot competition, but sure EFL think this is the best competition in the world, as they bank the money from the Premier clubs in their back pockets, so it would count this towards his banned games.  

Gives the other strikers the emphasis to go on a good run, as they know Pope will be trying his hardest to get back in the side once he is off the naughty step.

7 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Thought he was banned from all matches for 6 games?

I know we all think this is a tinpot competition, but sure EFL think this is the best competition in the world, as they bank the money from the Premier clubs in their back pockets, so it would count this towards his banned games.  

Gives the other strikers the emphasis to go on a good run, as they know Pope will be trying his hardest to get back in the side once he is off the naughty step.

His ban doesn’t apply to EFL Trophy games.

Askey could conceivably change virtually the whole starting 11 from Saturday to give players some game time, even those coming back from injury. There’s a decision to make on Pope too, do we keep him fit by playing him in these matches or give some much needed game time to the forwards who will be playing in the league games that Pope misses?

Askey could conceivably change virtually the whole starting 11 from Saturday to give players some game time, even those coming back from injury. There’s a decision to make on Pope too, do we keep him fit by playing him in these matches or give some much needed game time to the forwards who will be playing in the league games that Pope misses?
Do we still get fined for doing that?

Or have the rules changed again? I cant keep up!

26 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Do we still get fined for doing that?

Or have the rules changed again? I cant keep up!

Can’t remember the rules off the top of my head but I’m sure it’s not just down to who played in the last game. It’s also about appearances as well.