onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Smurthwaite

bertthejanitor

Advert

On 31/08/2020 at 19:59, bertthejanitor said:

Wigan fan here. Smurthwaite's name has been mentioned as a possible buyer for the club.

Wondering what your thoughts are on him

Feel for you mate if there is any truth in this.   To add to the above the man is also really obnoxious, offends everyone (apart from the staff <ovf edited>). <ovf edited> Left the stadium a neglected carp hole. Make no mistake, without our new owners paying his "ransom" PVFC would be no more, as he scuttled off with his ill gotten gains.

The guy couldn't even rock up at Nuneaton without causing grief. It's not that he was disliked a bit. The man is hated with a passion here at Vale. For very good reason.

Wigan fan here. Smurthwaite's name has been mentioned as a possible buyer for the club.

I was going to put a wager on Wigan to finish top this season. I will hold fire to see if Smurf takes over. If he does I will have a bet on them going down. 

18 months I genuinely feared my club would die, at 32 years old during the key Chesterfield game I got so worked up that we’d go down I thought I was going to have a heart attack...

Life of a fan of a club owned by Mr Smurthwaite.

The only positive we had is he didn’t have the stomach for the fight, all be it our great owners now had to make a huge sacrifice financially or he could of dragged it for years like Cov, Charlton, Blackpool etc.

The thought that had he held onto us much longer and we gone into coronavirus under him fills me with huge relief at how things turned out. We’d have gone bust... if luckily we’d have stayed up as an EFL club.

Not sure the rules and his ability to own Wigan whilst he has financial interest in PV due to how the payments for the club are made until it’s paid off but do whatever you can to avoid.

Read up on him and it reads like some weird TV drama!

He has withdrawn any interest now citing 3 reasons. He got abuse, he was not happy with assets that have been sold and the sale of the training ground https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wigan-euxton-training-ground-sale-18859654.

More here  https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-bidder-drops-out-race-2960080

A lucky escape, but they are down to 1 bid now and liquidation is not out of the question.

See you are a very lucky club in the fact he's pulled out after saying he has had abuse from the fans and the financial aspect is too much of a risk. 

Hope you get a decent owner(s) like we have got.  

6 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

See you are a very lucky club in the fact he's pulled out after saying he has had abuse from the fans and the financial aspect is too much of a risk. 

Hope you get a decent owner(s) like we have got.  

Don’t think Smurthwaite will ever get involved in football again, as soon as his name crops up at whichever club, fans are going to do as the Wigan fan did, come on here ,ask for our thoughts then turn against him before he even buys their club.

football has a grapevine and he’s made a rod for his own back.

See you next Tuesday is the best way to describe that piece of work. 

Do everything you can to keep that thing away from your club. 

Edit. Just seen he has pulled out. Escaped there. 

10 hours ago, toyahw said:

Jesus this site is so paranoid, you get like 30s.  So annoying. No time to tidy things up. 

@toyahwI don't know what you are talking about. I presume you have an issue with the posting functionality (which by the way isn't sentient so isn't paranoid!) please let me know and as usual I will be happy to help. Ta!

5 hours ago, ginginator said:

He has withdrawn any interest now citing 3 reasons. He got abuse, he was not happy with assets that have been sold and the sale of the training ground https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/wigan-euxton-training-ground-sale-18859654.

More here  https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-bidder-drops-out-race-2960080

A lucky escape, but they are down to 1 bid now and liquidation is not out of the question.

Typical Smurthwaite - Blaming the fans!

"Not happy that the assets were sold" - ie not happy that he couldn't sell them and pocket the proceeds.

Wigan have had a lucky escape. Hope they pull through this. 

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

Typical Smurthwaite - Blaming the fans!

"Not happy that the assets were sold" - ie not happy that he couldn't sell them and pocket the proceeds.

Wigan have had a lucky escape. Hope they pull through this. 

oh boy are you lot lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck finding a decent owner .

Archived