onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I havent read all this thread yet on the game as i wanted to give my view without influence 🙂 firstly i thought cullen was poor and showed that when he is fit thats why Robinson will be first choice(although i also think cullen was lacking fitness),Mills i thought had a good game and if Conlon carries on how he has started(also how he finished last season) i can see him leaving for a fee at some point(far better playing further forward),Joyce i thought was cracking never really wasted a ball,we would be lost without him. Rodney will be some player in time hence the 3yr deal.

15 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:

The weak bench?
I
Thanks for the advice, I think my curt reply stemmed from your constant negativity. I will try harder in the future.

Yes. I thought given the players we have the bench looked weak ( having hurst and tricket smith on there). There’s definitely a place for another signing. Why do certain posters think an observation is negatively every time?? Already posted it was a great win and a real improvement to see us scoring st the end of halves rather than the opponent. There’s an ignore button if you don’t like this apparent constant negativity. 

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I havent read all this thread yet on the game as i wanted to give my view without influence 🙂 firstly i thought cullen was poor and showed that when he is fit thats why Robinson will be first choice(although i also think cullen was lacking fitness),Mills i thought had a good game and if Conlon carries on how he has started(also how he finished last season) i can see him leaving for a fee at some point(far better playing further forward),Joyce i thought was cracking never really wasted a ball,we would be lost without him. Rodney will be some player in time hence the 3yr deal.

Similar to what I thought. For me Joyce bossed the game and I was very inoresssed with Conlon. If he can be consistent he could be a massive player. Good got Robinson to come on and get a poachers goal straight away, should do his confidence the world of good. Like you, I think he will start when Match fit. 

Only player I thought struggled was Fitzpatrick. Mills was struggled a little as well but we were against a side in the league above with a quality winger. 

Very good un vale like win which bodes really well for the season. 

Be nice to have amoo back and another winger to have a real threat from the bench. 

9 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Similar to what I thought. For me Joyce bossed the game and I was very inoresssed with Conlon. If he can be consistent he could be a massive player. Good got Robinson to come on and get a poachers goal straight away, should do his confidence the world of good. Like you, I think he will start when Match fit. 

Only player I thought struggled was Fitzpatrick. Mills was struggled a little as well but we were against a side in the league above with a quality winger. 

Very good un vale like win which bodes really well for the season. 

Be nice to have amoo back and another winger to have a real threat from the bench. 

Scunthorpe are in our league. I suppose it doesn’t matter how we get through in the cup as long as we win, and of course there were some positives in yesterday’s game. Conlon and Joyce in particular.  In regards to the bench let’s not forget that we were missing Monty, Gibbo, Amoo, Manny and Pope. All players who could be starting and even though we won yesterday I’d still say some of those should be in the starting 11.

Just now, PV1973 said:

Scunthorpe are in our league. I suppose it doesn’t matter how we get through in the cup as long as we win, and of course there were some positives in yesterday’s game.  In regards to the bench let’s not forget that we were missing Monty, Gibbo, Amoo, Manny and Pope. All players who could be starting and even though we won yesterday I’d still say some of those should be in the starting 11.

Those missing from the squad who would get in the team or on the bench just shows how much stronger the squad is,add another signing to that there are going be some decent players left out of our coming squads which isnt a bad thing

12 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Scunthorpe are in our league. I suppose it doesn’t matter how we get through in the cup as long as we win, and of course there were some positives in yesterday’s game. Conlon and Joyce in particular.  In regards to the bench let’s not forget that we were missing Monty, Gibbo, Amoo, Manny and Pope. All players who could be starting and even though we won yesterday I’d still say some of those should be in the starting 11.

Oh thought they stayed up! Never mind. Still a strong win that they’ve still got some very decent players. Yeah good point about the bench, makes sense it looked the way it did. 

Archived