onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

I was going to say we'd started more or less where we'd left off last season.

Very similar shape and pattern, we look solid enough, nice and tidy but maybe maybe don't quite create enough clearcut chances and we needed something to drop for us in the box like it did

We can be a bit too wedded to our pattern at at times (someone once used the word 'mechanical' to describe us and I wouldn't disagree). There are occasions when we're crying out for a bit of off-the-cuff individual flair some somewhere just to open things up and do something unpredictable.

But yeah, you can't grumble too much.

Advert

Crikey, behind on the play I reckon but we go in one up thanks to a great cross by Wozza, knock down by Rodney and Mills to finish. Besides that though we haven't created much and their inexperience has shown with their inability to get anyone behind the Vale's defence though we do have to thank Brown for two great saves.

Second half we have got to get a grip on midfield, prevent them from passing over our defence or shooting from distance, which was one of our failings last season, and get better service to Cullen. My feeling is they will fold at the back if we can get enough ball forward as they have two massive L2 type centre halves who've looked nervous under pressure. We have a real advantage of pace up front and a second would probably be enough to win it.

Got to be pleased with that at half time!

5 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

I've got Radio Humberside commentary on with iFollow....sssh, don't ask.....Jesus, come back Radio Stokeall is forgiven. I've never heard such one eyed karp in all my days......"Smith...the weaker of the centre halves(???)"....Conlon...."looks a bit of a whinger"....."no threat from Vale for all their experience"....."goal totally against the run of play Vale don't deserve it'.....unbelievable rubbish....just one eyed!

Click on the cog at the bottom right of the screen and go to the audio options

1 minute ago, ClntonBoulton said:

I've got Radio Humberside commentary on with iFollow....sssh, don't ask.....Jesus, come back Radio Stokeall is forgiven. I've never heard such one eyed karp in all my days......"Smith...the weaker of the centre halves(???)"....Conlon...."looks a bit of a whinger"....."no threat from Vale for all their experience"....."goal totally against the run of play Vale don't deserve it'.....unbelievable rubbish....just one eyed!

Made me laugh when they called Conlon a whinger.  Smith comment made me laugh as well.

Do think scunny have been slightly the better side, but our defence have been solid.  Can only see them getting stronger as the games come along.

5 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Even worse was "Legge hasn't won a ball against Loft". Joke. At one point I thought of pressing the mute button and getting Radio Stoke commentary instead. Fat lot of good it's done them!

2 minutes ago, Santa said:

I was going to say we'd started more or less where we'd left off last season.

Very similar shape and pattern, we look solid enough, nice and tidy but maybe maybe don't quite create enough clearcut chances and we needed something to drop for us in the box like it did

We can be a bit too wedded to our pattern at at times (someone once used the word 'mechanical' to describe us and I wouldn't disagree). There are occasions when we're crying out for a bit of off-the-cuff individual flair some somewhere just to open things up and do something unpredictable.

But yeah, you can't grumble too much.

Absolutely. If I'm being greedy I'd love a creative winger to sign. Worrall is a hard working wide man but doesn't really have a trick/skill - he just runs and runs (not a criticism)! 

A JMW type player would transform this team. Someone like Eisa for them!

Archived