onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLC R1 Scunthorpe U v Port Vale

Fosse69

An unusual start to a football season, watching or listening  to a  League Cup game from an armchair.  Hopefully not too long before some spectators are allowed into games. There are  new players to look out for, with Gibbons injured it is likely that  Mills could start,  with Pope suspended who will lead the line?  Also  an opportunity to build up fitness for an eagerly anticipated season.  So  Vale start as you mean to carry on, with a win.

Advert

Only guessing here,i cant see us seeing this as a priority game this season but i am sure Askey will want to start with a win,i think our front 3 will be Worrall,Robinson and Amoo

Sounds odd but i wonder if Visser will start this game in goal,he has played most of pre season and done well.

25 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Only guessing here,i cant see us seeing this as a priority game this season but i am sure Askey will want to start with a win,i think our front 3 will be Worrall,Robinson and Amoo

Sounds odd but i wonder if Visser will start this game in goal,he has played most of pre season and done well.

I think it’s definitely one we want to win, if only for the 5k prize money.

36 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Basing the side on those that missed out due to injury I think we'll start with:

Brown

Mills / Legge / Smith / Fitzpatrick

Burgess / Joyce / Conlon

Worrall / Robinson / Amoo

Similar to what I think he’ll go for. However, based on JA saying ‘Monty is fine, he’s back in training Monday’ and Robinson seemingly a little bit behind the rest fitness wise, I think he’ll go with the below. 

Brown

Mills  Legge  Smith  Monty

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall   Rodney  Amoo

I also think he’ll play the others who miss out on this one in the FL trophy. Gives everyone a chance to stake their claim for the first league match. 

At this stage in proceedings it's probably a question of seeing who looks sharpest in training and in the few games we've played, are carrying no injuries, and second guessing our opponent's line-up.

I would have thought Robinson or Cullen if fit has to play. We need goalscorers in the XI.

21 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Didnt realise what the prize money was for this tbh

Is it still 10k a win in the efl trophy or has that changed now with whats going on

As far as I know the EFL Trophy prize money remains the same.

36 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Similar to what I think he’ll go for. However, based on JA saying ‘Monty is fine, he’s back in training Monday’ and Robinson seemingly a little bit behind the rest fitness wise, I think he’ll go with the below. 

Brown

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall   Rodney  Amoo

I also think he’ll play the others who miss out on this one in the FL trophy. Gives everyone a chance to stake their claim for the first league match. 

It's a good opportunity to get more time into the legs, whilst still playing strong teams.

This season, even more than ever, will be a squad season, with players being rested to maintain their levels.

6 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Brown

Burgess  Joyce  Conlon

Worrall   Rodney  Amoo

I think that would be my team. Possibly Cullen for Rodney or maybe Amoo.

9 hours ago, Budgie_2260 said:
10 hours ago, PV1973 said:
Basing the side on those that missed out due to injury I think we'll start with:

Brown
Mills / Legge / Smith / Fitzpatrick
Burgess / Joyce / Conlon
Worrall / Robinson / Amoo

I've got a feeling Whitehead will start over Burgess

I agree - but not sure it's the right decision. We will see.

Archived