onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rhys Browne leaves the club.....

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

I’d also expect a starting winger to get around 7 regardless.

You can expect but it may not happen. 😉

I'm not saying Montano is the answer but in terms of stats, his two seasons as a winger yielded six goals and seven goals respectively. Amoo got five last season, Browne one, Worrall has never managed more than five in his four seasons.

In fact, Montano is the only winger in the last five seasons to net seven. Since 2013 only Mark Marshall has also managed seven (unless you count Louis Dodds as a winger) so it's going to be a heck of a leap to expect two wide men to manage it this season. I really hope that they prove me wrong.

So my point is - out of all the wing options currently in the squad, Montano is the most prolific goalscorer, so if you want goals from the wing then he's a good option. Then again, he may equally be a good goalscoring option from LB too. 

Advert

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

Look on it as an opportunity, I say. It frees up some budget and there's a few out there who might be a good option who are now getting a bit desperate, especially as the 2nd Covid wave really hits the country.

Covid 2 will surely affect our revenue just as much as our rivals.

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:
2 hours ago, JRC said:
Covid 2 will surely affect our revenue just as much as our rivals.

But arguably it hasn't. Hence Grimsby inserting Covid pay clauses in contracts where the Vale have not. And also hence Vale players all re-signing in the summer. Vale are much more attractive to players with the Shanahans in control of the club.

The only reason we haven't seen the impact on tge club is the owners are prepared to cover the shortfall from the first 5 weeks. Whether they are in a position to cover a longer period without crowds nobody knows.

Surprised by the news that Browne has left the club, I thought he was beginning to show some promise after his injury hit season last time out.

One door closes and another will open, it always does in football, Askey will have an idea how he wants to proceed, so It will be interesting to see how he proceeds.

2 hours ago, JRC said:

The only reason we haven't seen the impact on tge club is the owners are prepared to cover the shortfall from the first 5 weeks. Whether they are in a position to cover a longer period without crowds nobody knows.

They are

Archived