onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rhys Browne leaves the club.....

Advert

38 minutes ago, TylerB said:

No chance in hell he would have started over Amoo just because of a pre season game.

Wasn’t just basing it off one game pal but nevermind. Talk from within the club is how good Browne had looked throughout pre season. (Training as well as the bpool  game). It would have been very close between him and amoo for the first game. 

59 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Better then Amoo in the one friendly game we actually seen him play ? Who's to say Amoo didn't have a blinder against Forest and would have started against Crawley. Hard to judge players in this post lockdown Pre season 

I'm not slating Browne by the way he's a good steady squad player at this level but he's replaceable and we have Monty and Rodney who can cover.

Possibly. Just heard good things about bronwe so far this season. We have cover there your right but it’s certainly not ideal. Big threat to have him or amoo on the bench if chasing a game.  

Hopefully as you say we can replace him. Maybe one we look at a loan for? Or osedebe who was at macc 

1 hour ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Of course I have no idea of his true reasons for wanting to leave.

However, I suspect that an offer of an increased salary and improved contract may be involved,

He is a professional footballer after all. They only have a short career you know. 

Players who sign contracts don’t ask to leave to sign for another club A couple of weeks later just for money. I think there’s far more to it than that. 

I wish him well as I think there’s a player in there.

Gosh, that's surprised me.

I tend to agree with one or two others in that he's done well in pre-season and looked likely to challenge strongly for a first team place. I think there is a good player in there somewhere, but he's never had a prolonged opportunity with us in the first XI because of the form of Worrall and Amoo. I'm sorry he's left.

Maybe it will come out in the wash. It might be for personal reasons.

I wonder if Askey has told him that he's behind the other two in the pecking order and another club has offered him a regular starting place.

I wish him well.

If we sign a replacement it will give us an indication of how much we saved on Robinson vs Maynard. 

If it’s a name like Rowe, or Osadebe (either would be a dream) then we can assume we have saved lots.

Either way we know we have browns wage plus some extra to spend If we do go for a replacement.

10 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t see why we would replace a winger with a left back. 

I think the point of bringing in a left-back is you can then move the winger who has been playing as a left-back (Monty) back onto the wing. 

I guess ultimately it depends on your view of him whether he's better suited to remain as an attacking LB or if Browne's departure means he could be restored to his old position. 

I think it's an interesting one - in 18-19 Monty scored seven times from the wing and there's been a lot of people going on about adding goals from other positions this season.

Good luck to the lad. Perhaps during these times of Covid-19 he just wants to be closer to his family home and has found a club near there willing to offer him a contract. I hope so.

Because 'family reasons' could be something awful and it must be pretty serious for a young and relatively unproven League Two winger to potentially jeopodise his career over.

1 hour ago, robf said:

I think the point of bringing in a left-back is you can then move the winger who has been playing as a left-back (Monty) back onto the wing. 

I guess ultimately it depends on your view of him whether he's better suited to remain as an attacking LB or if Browne's departure means he could be restored to his old position. 

I think it's an interesting one - in 18-19 Monty scored seven times from the wing and there's been a lot of people going on about adding goals from other positions this season.

To much swapping around for me so close to the season. We have two left backs now and Monty can fill in further up if needed. Left back is sorted, imo it’s much simpler to just bring in an out and out winger and leave Monty where he is. Think he will score 4/5 from left back if he gets a full season, I’d also expect a starting winger to get around 7 regardless. For me we need a winger not left back. Certainly wouldn’t be Clark either. 

Archived