onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Messi to leave Barca

Advert

He will either go for free, or for a reduced amount (but still ridiculously large amount). He has been so loyal I can’t see them forcing him to stay against his will at this stage in his career. 
I’d love to see how he faired in the premier league. See if he can do it there as well as Ronaldo has all around Europe.

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

My outside bet is him returning to a club in Argentina. Boca Juniors or River Plate. Really can’t see him doing the Prem. 

He's a Newell's fan and I think if he ever went back to Argentina it would be to play for them.

My own outside bet would be Inter, I was reading that the tax regime for foreign nationals in Italy is such that he could keep up to 90% of his gross salary. 

Safer keeping money out of Argentina with their outlook and history. 

I know the short odds are because the public are lumping on but I genuinely can see a move to Man City.

As a very experienced first hand observer, participant and occasional recipient of Arab oil money, I know how they think and operate. Man City or PSG desperately want him simply for the prestige and image. Crap every week wouldn’t matter, just signing him is all they’d care about, so they will definitely be pushing the boat out.  

1 hour ago, Doha said:

Safer keeping money out of Argentina with their outlook and history. 

I know the short odds are because the public are lumping on but I genuinely can see a move to Man City.

As a very experienced first hand observer, participant and occasional recipient of Arab oil money, I know how they think and operate. Man City or PSG desperately want him simply for the prestige and image. Crap every week wouldn’t matter, just signing him is all they’d care about, so they will definitely be pushing the boat out.  

well have him!

I heard a Spanish football expert last night say that (1) he had spoken to Guardiola at Man City, and (2) he might still stay at Barcelona if they can sort out their boardroom and financial problems. When pushed he thought that he might just stay where he is but apparently he has definitely spoken to City's manager, who, of course, knows him well. The odds make sense. Who knows?

57 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I heard a Spanish football expert last night say that (1) he had spoken to Guardiola at Man City, and (2) he might still stay at Barcelona if they can sort out their boardroom and financial problems. When pushed he thought that he might just stay where he is but apparently he has definitely spoken to City's manager, who, of course, knows him well. The odds make sense. Who knows?

Is that expert Guilem Balagae by any chance? He just talks any old rubbish to get on the Telly. 

No. It wasn't him. I didn't catch his name but it was someone on 5 live I've never heard before who knows Barcelona well and the ins and outs of the club. It sounded perfectly plausible.

He clearly knew a lot about Barcelona's off the field board room and financial issues and what faces Koeman when he arrives. He said he couldn't see the aged team being able to rebuild quickly enough to be able to compete in the very near future with Europe's top teams and that's why Messi might decide to go. I gather there are loads of serious issues at the Club, not least the president's position.

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

I've read something similar to 2. There's an argument he's using his prestige among Barca fans to force the issue and bring board elections forward (or bring on resignations) - https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fc-barcelona-fans-lionel-messi-bartomeu-resignations-a4533141.html

9 hours ago, TheSage said:

No. It wasn't him. I didn't catch his name but it was someone on 5 live I've never heard before who knows Barcelona well and the ins and outs of the club. It sounded perfectly plausible.

He clearly knew a lot about Barcelona's off the field board room and financial issues and what faces Koeman when he arrives. He said he couldn't see the aged team being able to rebuild quickly enough to be able to compete in the very near future with Europe's top teams and that's why Messi might decide to go. I gather there are loads of serious issues at the Club, not least the president's position.

Was it Graham Hunter by any chance? Big Aberdeen fan, lives in Barcelona, works for La Liga TV. 

That's about the crux of it anyway, there have been too many short term fixes in recent years, a rebuilding job is well overdue. Financially the club isn't in a great place and I think the presidential election is due next year.

Archived