Jump to content

live stream of port vale games


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vale say people have been giving them a ring to complain about ifollow and giving the staff dogs abuse . If your doing this you need to give your heads a wobble , totally out of vales hands !!

Well if they’re being arsey about fans watching league cup games, maybe when fans are allowed back everyone should boycott the games, see how they like that.

I’ve put this on the match thread too but you can put your code in days before the match. If you put it in as soon as you get it you have time to sort it out with the ticket office if it doesn’t work.

Posted Images

So I've got a smart telly with a browser on it.  Why won't the browser accept my username and password so I can watch on the telly?  I know I can link my laptop to the telly with a hdmi cable but it would be much easier just to do it via the telly.  Asm I doing something wrong?

Edited by Jacko51

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So I've got a smart telly with a browser on it.  Why won't the browser accept my username and password so I can watch on the telly?  I know I can link my laptop to the telly with a hdmi cable but it would be much easier just to do it via the telly.  Asm I doing something wrong?

No - there are often software restrictions which prevent this. There are ways of re-broadcasting such a signal - it's how a lot of folks illegally get live football for free... Watching BT Sport as a Virgin media customer on a phone or tablet is equally frustrating as you are forced into using one app - it's a way of them controlling your data. There may be a way around it, but it's probably easiest to use a cable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, efsb said:

No - there are often software restrictions which prevent this. There are ways of re-broadcasting such a signal - it's how a lot of folks illegally get live football for free... Watching BT Sport as a Virgin media customer on a phone or tablet is equally frustrating as you are forced into using one app - it's a way of them controlling your data. There may be a way around it, but it's probably easiest to use a cable.

Thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So I've got a smart telly with a browser on it.  Why won't the browser accept my username and password so I can watch on the telly?  I know I can link my laptop to the telly with a hdmi cable but it would be much easier just to do it via the telly.  Asm I doing something wrong?

If it's any help (and it may not be), I've watched a number of midweek games on iFollow (impossible to get from Aylesbury to many of them after work). 

I tried all the technical ways, casting, apps and so on and basically gave up... I found the simplest and most foolproof way was a HDMI cable. Bizarrely, and it may just be me I always have to connect the cable twice (the first time it never plays the audio through the TV, the second time it does). 

So, it may be that the old tech way is the simplest way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, robf said:

If it's any help (and it may not be), I've watched a number of midweek games on iFollow (impossible to get from Aylesbury to many of them after work). 

I tried all the technical ways, casting, apps and so on and basically gave up... I found the simplest and most foolproof way was a HDMI cable. Bizarrely, and it may just be me I always have to connect the cable twice (the first time it never plays the audio through the TV, the second time it does). 

So, it may be that the old tech way is the simplest way.

I've never had any problem chromecasting it to the TV. Saves fiddling around moving the laptop and messing with cables. But usually I just watch it on the laptop which is connected to a big computer screen anyway. Fastest way.

I also hope the illegal streamers knock it on the head, under the circs the club needs every penny it can get. 

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The radio audio stream kicks in before 2:30 IIRC.

Don't expect miracles guys. iFollow can be crap at the best of times. I've claimed plenty of refunds for failed streams. With many tens of thousands of extra viewers in the UK I will be surprised if it copes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

So I've got a smart telly with a browser on it.  Why won't the browser accept my username and password so I can watch on the telly?  I know I can link my laptop to the telly with a hdmi cable but it would be much easier just to do it via the telly.  Asm I doing something wrong?

Have you got screen mirroring on your phone/telly?

I've not tried it with ifollow as, so far, I've never used ifollow.

This was my plan for next Saturday!

Really hoping it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Should be live now. Have you definitely bought the game package? 

You might also have an adblocker active that is interfering with it. 

edit / all good. 

Edited by Doha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm. It's changed this season, claims to offer 1080p now. Believe it when I see it. 

Anyone who is unfamiliar and can hear the Scunthorpe commentary, you need to go into the settings by clicking the cog at the bottom right and change the audio source to 'away'. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy