live stream of port vale games

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vale say people have been giving them a ring to complain about ifollow and giving the staff dogs abuse . If your doing this you need to give your heads a wobble , totally out of vales hands !!

Well if they’re being arsey about fans watching league cup games, maybe when fans are allowed back everyone should boycott the games, see how they like that.

I’ve put this on the match thread too but you can put your code in days before the match. If you put it in as soon as you get it you have time to sort it out with the ticket office if it doesn’t work.

Posted Images

Just now, valeparklife said:

Don't the rules say that games can be streamed on iFollow until grounds return to 50% capacity attendances?

Ours will be streamed all season then!

I think it means 50% allowed rather than actual... 30% should be ok for us mind to have 100% of our usual average which is a bonus to the huge ground.

Has anybody managed to sideload the Ifollow app to a Fire Stick or similar Android TV device?

Just wondering whether to bother or if I'm better off hooking up a laptop to my telly via HDMI.

19 minutes ago, Santa said:

Has anybody managed to sideload the Ifollow app to a Fire Stick or similar Android TV device?

Just wondering whether to bother or if I'm better off hooking up a laptop to my telly via HDMI.

I've heard poor reports of the app Santa. I just chromecast it to the TV.  That has been the most solid way for a couple of years.

Fair enough. I'd probably just use an HDMI cable.

I only managed to use Ifollow once, it was the Carlisle midweek game a couple of years ago. I tried to use it again for a different match, it wouldn't let me log in, change password, anything, I just went round and round in circles and I ended up sacking it off.

9 minutes ago, Santa said:

Fair enough. I'd probably just use an HDMI cable.

I only managed to use Ifollow once, it was the Carlisle midweek game a couple of years ago. I tried to use it again for a different match, it wouldn't let me log in, change password, anything, I just went round and round in circles and I ended up sacking it off.

It is quite often a pain in the arse. And is very paranoid of use of one device. So when it goes down, and comes back up, it starts moaning about more than one device. Even though you are just using one device. I'm hoping it will be better this season.

It works much better from chrome if you are using a browser. And there is a live moan facility. Which at least gets answered.

Edited by toyahw

7 minutes ago, Santa said:

I've always steered clear of Chrome. It uses to use a daft amount of RAM for no reason at all.

I only ever use it for Vale. Just works better for some reason. First season of ifollow it was the only one that actually worked. I guess they geared it up for chrome. For whatever reason.

Edited by toyahw

I have been watching from Australia for the last few years, sounds a long way away however I have a good link and can stream other UK based stuff no problem.

Last season was the best by far, previous seasons have been hit and miss to the point where I felt obliged to ask for a refund but they don't offer that even if nothing works. Last season only some games didn't work and some took a few weeks to be put up to watch.

The best client i have found is the Ipad app however I would like to use the PC browser and put it on my TV but as I'm now I more likely to watch the game the day after (I cannot afford to be wrecked by the late nights unless it's a big game) - There is no way to turn off all the match details so you can basically see the scores from the start and that ruins watching, I logged this as an issue but they didn't think it was something that most people would want

Bottom line we don't have much choice, and if there are problems we should log them with ifollow and badger the EFL as well as its ultimately their service regardless how they want to point the finger at the provider 

10 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I'm not going bother watching these stream think I will just stick to listening to phil Bowers on radio stoke untill we are able go the games ourselves. 

Your choice of course mate. But in my view it is better than just the RS commentary, and a way to chip in for the club.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, toyahw said:

I've heard poor reports of the app Santa. I just chromecast it to the TV.  That has been the most solid way for a couple of years.

It does seem to be more stable on a PC. I use the old fashioned HDMI cable method and it works well for me but I guess it depends on each individual set up. 

I do agree with some of the comments from @Bugs too. It would be nice to have a few more options. One I would love would be the option to switch between commentary and just crowd noise. It would help when (let's say some of the more opinionated) commentators get a bee in their bonnet about something minor and go off on a rant! 

32 minutes ago, robf said:

One I would love would be the option to switch between commentary and just crowd noise. It would help when (let's say some of the more opinionated) commentators get a bee in their bonnet about something minor and go off on a rant! 

Well you won't be getting much crowd noise for a while Rob. But I get the point, I quite often wanted to switch off the commentary. It can be very annoying, not always, but sometimes. They'd say oh that is terrible from x. When you knew it was y. Then someone who'd listened on RS  would phone up P+G to slag off x (Carl from Wolstanton?).

Plus when they got the replay facility they really overused it. There was more replay than game half the time. Having said that I've really enjoyed having it - as an exile.

Edited by toyahw

50 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It can be very annoying, not always, but sometimes. They'd say oh that is terrible from x. When you knew it was y. Then someone who'd listened on RS  would phone up P+G to slag off x (Carl from Wolstanton?)

Its the same when you watch it in the ground😀

It does seem to be more stable on a PC. I use the old fashioned HDMI cable method and it works well for me but I guess it depends on each individual set up. 
I do agree with some of the comments from @Bugs too. It would be nice to have a few more options. One I would love would be the option to switch between commentary and just crowd noise. It would help when (let's say some of the more opinionated) commentators get a bee in their bonnet about something minor and go off on a rant! 
Completely agree. Negative williams and incoherent sproson ruin the commentary for me. Sprosons insistence on pronouncing conlon as con lon really grates me! I swear he'd struggle with Ng.

Is there any plans for crowd sounds to be played through the tannoy system at all? Surely it would be a little more normal for the players. Nothing like the vale park mumble on a Saturday!