onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

live stream of port vale games

mr burslem

Advert

I’m still fuming about yesterday.

We’ve had a fantastic 12 months having amazing owners that have done more in 1 year than anyone in the past 20, what seems to have be a very shrewd Manager (best since Adams) and have arguably the most competitive squad for a decade, so I was very excited for the new season and bought a season ticket for the first time since the 90’s.

To be let down by invalid codes / dodgy tech was a bit of a kicker to be honest.

So how are those ST’s that suffered from yesterday’s fiasco going to be compensated????

I’m still fuming about yesterday.

We’ve had a fantastic 12 months having amazing owners that have done more in 1 year than anyone in the past 20, what seems to have be a very shrewd Manager (best since Adams) and have arguably the most competitive squad for a decade, so I was very excited for the new season and bought a season ticket for the first time since the 90’s.

To be let down by invalid codes / dodgy tech was a bit of a kicker to be honest.

So how are those ST’s that suffered from yesterday’s fiasco going to be compensated????
Who do you want to compensate them?

It's not vales fault, so shouldn't be for vale to compensate.

Ifollow maybe, but it did work for a lot of people also. I do agree it maybe needs to be looked at to make it simpler.

8 minutes ago, Walter said:

Who do you want to compensate them?

It's not vales fault, so shouldn't be for vale to compensate.

Ifollow maybe, but it did work for a lot of people also. I do agree it maybe needs to be looked at to make it simpler.

I didn’t necessarily say it was Vale’s fault and nor that they should be the ones doing the compensating. Irrespective, it looks bad on the clubs, and so iFollow / EFL should do something to placate the clubs and ST’s affected.

It’s like going to the cinema, paying for your ticket, sitting in your seat and finding the screen didn’t work. Surely you’d want your money back or a free ticket for the next showing...?

I didn’t necessarily say it was Vale’s fault and nor that they should be the ones doing the compensating. Irrespective, it looks bad on the clubs, and so iFollow / EFL should do something to placate the clubs and ST’s affected.

It’s like going to the cinema, paying for your ticket, sitting in your seat and finding the screen didn’t work. Surely you’d want your money back or a free ticket for the next showing...?

Looks like a lot of fans in our league had problems with the codes not just vale

It needs sorting out fast otherwise clubs are going to have to give a lot of season ticket money back

IFollow worked fine in the app for me (Paid a tenner, didn’t use a code) but the new app wouldn’t cast nor work with an Apple IOS-HDMI Adapter & cable from iPad to TV. The app would appear on the telly, but when I clicked on the live stream that would only appear as a black screen with a frozen spinning loading circle. I’m wondering if the new app has some sort of rights protection built in. Anyone have any joy with casting or cable from iPad?

2 hours ago, efsb said:

IFollow worked fine in the app for me (Paid a tenner, didn’t use a code) but the new app wouldn’t cast nor work with an Apple IOS-HDMI Adapter & cable from iPad to TV. The app would appear on the telly, but when I clicked on the live stream that would only appear as a black screen with a frozen spinning loading circle. I’m wondering if the new app has some sort of rights protection built in. Anyone have any joy with casting or cable from iPad?

Hdmi and usb c adapter from my Lenovo tablet wouldn't work. Same setup from my Samsung phone worked perfectly. Both done on the app. Maybe do a test if you've got an old tablet/phone lying around.

7 hours ago, efsb said:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that casting to via chromecast or apple didn't seem to be available on the updated app.  Screen mirroring didn't work either.  The only way that I could watch on a bigger screen was on a pc outputting via HDMI.

The software ifollow uses to stream video is some American stuff that is predictably full of DRM/digital rights management. 

They don’t want you to be able to screen mirror/chromecast it as part of an anti-piracy strategy.

You’d be surprised but HDMI has built in DRM encryption, called HDCP. The strictness of which depends on the age of the TV/monitor, but it’s why the people who stream Sky or BT Sport or whatever on the internet have to do it through fancy broadcasting equipment, or know the codes to crack the encryption keys. 

The point is, this isn’t a failing of ifollow, nor are you doing anything wrong in trying to get it to work. It deliberately doesn’t work/gets scrambled. 

16 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Hdmi and usb c adapter from my Lenovo tablet wouldn't work. Same setup from my Samsung phone worked perfectly. Both done on the app. Maybe do a test if you've got an old tablet/phone lying around.

I used HDMI and usb C cable from my Asus laptop to the telly and it worked fine once I actually got a picture!

No problems at all for me. The code worked fine and I watched through the app on my tablet and screen shared it to my TV. One thing I did try was watching it through the app on two devices at the same time. That doesn't work as it threw me out of one of the streams so sharing codes doesn't work.

Archived