onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

live stream of port vale games

mr burslem

1 hour ago, Nofinikea said:

Does anybody know how much Vale get from a £10 match pass?

1. It's 80% as per this article - https://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/efl-ifollow-attendances-price-ott-shaun-harvey-interview-feature

"UK£10 covers the costs and returns 80 per cent of that revenue back to the clubs.”

2. On a tangent, I am going to add another couple of points. I actually did an article on it last season when the BBC Radio Stoke commentator was being sniffy about fans watching live streams of away games...

a. The FL research shows that fans purchasing passes last season were generally based far away from the stadium so were unlikely to travel to the game (so by charging them to watch it, clubs were actually getting money from fans that they wouldn't ordinarily do). I know that none of us can see games now but I do think it's still a good idea even if fans return to grounds for exiles/long distance fans or those working odd hours to have the opportunity to pay and watch.

As a personal example I can't travel to midweek games (even home ones) from Aylesbury as I don't get home till 6-ish and my wife works evening shifts. So last season, the club got £10 off me watching midweek games on iFollow which is revenue it wouldn't normally get and I get to watch a game while looking after my kids.

b. For clubs like Vale with big away followings iFollow actually generates extra income because the club gets identical income from home and away games. So, unlike going to an away match in real life where your ticket revenue goes to the home club, if you buy a pass to an away game on iFollow then the percentage goes only to Vale, not to the home team. The only proviso is that you have to buy your pass from Port Vale iFollow not the home side's iFollow (I should imagine all Vale fans do that anyhow).

I know Vale will be missing out on walk-up tickets, programme sales and concourse sales but at least they are getting income in from every game, home or away, while the live streaming continues.

Advert

Hi everyone 

If I’m a season ticket holder and I want to watch the Crawley match on Saturday do I just need to register for a basic membership and then just use the unique code that I’ve been sent?? (I might purchase away games in the future on a match by match basis but I don’t want to sign up for a yearly memebership or anything) The instructions on the website aren’t very clear to me- maybe it’s just me not being tech savvy!!

Would we need to input our credit/debit card info and then put the code in to get the £10 off?? The instructions in the e-mail aren’t very clear to me. 

Grrrrrrrr hopefully it won’t be too long till we are back at Vale Park and I won’t need to be a computer expert to watch the club I love!! I’ve e-mailed the club but thought people on here who have used iFollow for the first two games might know.

Thanks a lot!! Rob 

19 minutes ago, Robert Dawson 1876 said:

Hi everyone 

If I’m a season ticket holder and I want to watch the Crawley match on Saturday do I just need to register for a basic membership and then just use the unique code that I’ve been sent??

Thanks a lot!! Rob 

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2020/september/ifollow-promo-code-season-ticket-holders/

It is not very clear is it? I'm not sure from this whether you have to make an i-follow account or not. Probably best to. I'm not in your position mate, been using it for a while but from abroad. Everything goes through the Vale website. My advice would be make an ifollow account and then you can log in with e-mail/password. Presumably there is then somewhere that you can enter your code?

For away matches you will need a pass for a tenner. Which you can buy. Hopefully some other ST holders will be able to help you out a bit more. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You need an iFollow account but it’s easy to register and costs nowt for the basic account. You then just stick the code and and Bob is very much your mother’s brother. 

If you scroll down this link you will see the option to register for a basic pass for free.  Once you have done that you can then use the code to watch our home games without cost if you're a season ticket holder.  If you buy a pass for an away game for £10 you can watch them as well.  If you are watching an away game the commentary defaults to the home team's commentators but you can click on the little cog wheel at the bottom right of the screen and get the Away team (ie Vale) commentary instead.

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

7 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Can you watch a replay of the match later on if you have paid the £10?

Yes, if you don't close the tab/click away from the video stream once it's finished.

If you do, it won't let you access the match again until the next day when they upload it into the highlights archive.

Hold on, actually it seems like you're asking if you can not watch the match at the time but do so later once it's finished? In which case no for the reason above, access is restricted once the game is finished. You need to have the stream open. As long as you don't navigate away from that page you are fine, but you need to have it open whilst the game is being played. 

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Yes, if you don't close the tab/click away from the video stream once it's finished.

If you do, it won't let you access the match again until the next day when they upload it into the highlights archive.

Next day they upload the whole match, not just highlights, no?  

1 minute ago, toyahw said:

Next day they upload the whole match, not just highlights, no?  

Yes, but the point is if you mess up and close the tab that's you knackered until the next day. I've run into this before a few times when I wanted to go back after the game to check an offside or something but access to the stream was now closed off. 

It's a bit stupid actually. If you don't pay for an ifollow season package you can't access the 2 minutes extended highlights, but you can get the whole 90 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Doha said:

Yes, but the point is if you mess up and close the tab that's you knackered until the next day. I've run into this before a few times when I wanted to go back after the game to check an offside or something but access to the stream was now closed off. 

It's a bit stupid actually. If you don't pay for an ifollow season package you can't access the 2 minutes extended highlights, but you can get the whole 90 minutes. 

Fair point. I was just pointing out that if you can't watch it (near to) live, you can watch the full game next day. Which I don't think is pointed out very clearly. Personally, if we have won,  I just watch it again next day for the stress free hell of it.

On 07/09/2020 at 15:20, robf said:

a. The FL research shows that fans purchasing passes last season were generally based far away from the stadium so were unlikely to travel to the game (so by charging them to watch it, clubs were actually getting money from fans that they wouldn't ordinarily do). I know that none of us can see games now but I do think it's still a good idea even if fans return to grounds for exiles/long distance fans or those working odd hours to have the opportunity to pay and watch.

As a personal example I can't travel to midweek games (even home ones) from Aylesbury as I don't get home till 6-ish and my wife works evening shifts. So last season, the club got £10 off me watching midweek games on iFollow which is revenue it wouldn't normally get and I get to watch a game while looking after my kids.

Very true for me. It's only on visits to Blighty that I can actually visit games, so having the option to watch live streams of games and where a lot of what I'm paying goes to the club is very agreeable

It's nice then to be able to discuss games on the OVF website having actually watched the action

Points-with-Bone

5 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Very true for me. It's only on visits to Blighty that I can actually visit games, so having the option to watch live streams of games and where a lot of what I'm paying goes to the club is very agreeable

It's nice then to be able to discuss games on the OVF website having actually watched the action

Points-with-Bone

Very true indeed. I've not been in the UK for three years. When I am there I have no family left in S-o-T anymore. So no reason to go there other than for the match. Which is then a bit sterile because you don't know anyone. So there is no "crack". It doesn't make you any less of a Vale fan though does it? My Saturday afternoons are still obsessed with how Vale are doing.

The streaming has been a bit of a godsend for me. Is it the same, no. But it is better than nowt. Yes. I think people who live local, under the current circumstances, are also having to adapt to this situation.

Archived