onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

live stream of port vale games

mr burslem

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

I've only got internet data on my phone and not sure if you can watch it on your phone. Also I need make sure what internet data I have I use to apply for jobs and send emails check universal credit account as I cant afford buy anymore data due to now being out of work. 

Go to a local pub and use their Wi-Fi mate. :closedeyes:

Advert

On 31/08/2020 at 22:54, Santa said:

Fair enough. I'd probably just use an HDMI cable.

I only managed to use Ifollow once, it was the Carlisle midweek game a couple of years ago. I tried to use it again for a different match, it wouldn't let me log in, change password, anything, I just went round and round in circles and I ended up sacking it off.

Happened to me too. I really want to watch Saturday's game but I've never managed to make it work. It won't recognise my user name or password. One more try this weekend!

51 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I think for away games if you book through the Vale site the money for the first 500 goes to the away team and after that it goes to Vale.

I cant see many clubs bringing more than 500 internet visitors to Vale Park, but who knows how it will work out. A different market,   couple of hours in an armchair versus a day or week-end out?  

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I think for away games if you book through the Vale site the money for the first 500 goes to the away team and after that it goes to Vale.

There were rumours of the EFL using the away figures from the corresponding fixtures from last season during this process. So, for example, if we took 350 to Scunthorpe last season, it'd be that many that would go to the home team and the rest to us. 

Haven't heard anything concrete on this so I presume it was just that, a rumour. The 500 seems a bit of a random figure to be used but does seem more logical even though you could argue for the more local games BCD, some clubs would take 3-4 times that so they could effectively gain revenue from 1500 supporters watching the stream. 

So I've got a smart telly with a browser on it.  Why won't the browser accept my username and password so I can watch on the telly?  I know I can link my laptop to the telly with a hdmi cable but it would be much easier just to do it via the telly.  Asm I doing something wrong?

22 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

So I've got a smart telly with a browser on it.  Why won't the browser accept my username and password so I can watch on the telly?  I know I can link my laptop to the telly with a hdmi cable but it would be much easier just to do it via the telly.  Asm I doing something wrong?

No - there are often software restrictions which prevent this. There are ways of re-broadcasting such a signal - it's how a lot of folks illegally get live football for free... Watching BT Sport as a Virgin media customer on a phone or tablet is equally frustrating as you are forced into using one app - it's a way of them controlling your data. There may be a way around it, but it's probably easiest to use a cable.

5 minutes ago, efsb said:

No - there are often software restrictions which prevent this. There are ways of re-broadcasting such a signal - it's how a lot of folks illegally get live football for free... Watching BT Sport as a Virgin media customer on a phone or tablet is equally frustrating as you are forced into using one app - it's a way of them controlling your data. There may be a way around it, but it's probably easiest to use a cable.

Thanks for that.

36 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If it's any help (and it may not be), I've watched a number of midweek games on iFollow (impossible to get from Aylesbury to many of them after work). 

I tried all the technical ways, casting, apps and so on and basically gave up... I found the simplest and most foolproof way was a HDMI cable. Bizarrely, and it may just be me I always have to connect the cable twice (the first time it never plays the audio through the TV, the second time it does). 

So, it may be that the old tech way is the simplest way.

19 minutes ago, robf said:

If it's any help (and it may not be), I've watched a number of midweek games on iFollow (impossible to get from Aylesbury to many of them after work). 

I tried all the technical ways, casting, apps and so on and basically gave up... I found the simplest and most foolproof way was a HDMI cable. Bizarrely, and it may just be me I always have to connect the cable twice (the first time it never plays the audio through the TV, the second time it does). 

So, it may be that the old tech way is the simplest way.

I've never had any problem chromecasting it to the TV. Saves fiddling around moving the laptop and messing with cables. But usually I just watch it on the laptop which is connected to a big computer screen anyway. Fastest way.

I also hope the illegal streamers knock it on the head, under the circs the club needs every penny it can get. 

Archived