onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

live stream of port vale games

mr burslem

Advert

15 minutes ago, Santa said:

League games should be OK. However it sounds like the EFL is having a being a bit arsey about allowing League Cup games to be shown.

Well if they’re being arsey about fans watching league cup games, maybe when fans are allowed back everyone should boycott the games, see how they like that.

20 hours ago, Santa said:

League games should be OK. However it sounds like the EFL is having a being a bit arsey about allowing League Cup games to be shown.

Apparently the EFL have relented and it will be on ifollow for a tenner. Remember that at least 70% of this goes to the club folks. I double checked that this was the case.

What I just hope is that ifollow does not screw up. It has generally been pretty iffy at the start of the season, before ironing out the glitches. And I assume there will also be increased demand. Let us hope it works from the off, so people don't get put off.

I wonder if the EFL would ever consider letting pubs show the games via Ifollow. Having worked in pubs myself I know sky sports and box office were ridiculously expensive to have as they count as entertainment. However if they want to improve the hospitality trade surely this would be beneficial? I can't imagine the pubs in Burslem doing well without the match day rush. 

21 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I wonder if the EFL would ever consider letting pubs show the games via Ifollow. Having worked in pubs myself I know sky sports and box office were ridiculously expensive to have as they count as entertainment. However if they want to improve the hospitality trade surely this would be beneficial? I can't imagine the pubs in Burslem doing well without the match day rush. 

You raise a good point there. The answer is ifollow is a personal thing. In fact it is a bit paranoid. One device. I've been kicked off several times for more than one device, when in fact it had just crashed. And I was only using one device. A license to broadcast would be a very good idea.

SKY have the rights for Championship, league one and league two , so it is SKY who have after consultation with the EFL that have allowed I follow to show the games at the beginning of the season ! 

As SKY is on in most pubs , why would SKY allow another company to show football in Pubs once things are back to normal ?        

4 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

SKY have the rights for Championship, league one and league two , so it is SKY who have after consultation with the EFL that have allowed I follow to show the games at the beginning of the season ! 

As SKY is on in most pubs , why would SKY allow another company to show football in Pubs once things are back to normal ?        

How long until things are back to fully normal though? Even when fans are allowed back it's only gonna be what 20% or so. Many pubs rely heavily on the Saturday trade. This could go on for a year or two. 

There's also ways round this, Many pubs show games for instant There's a few bars in Leeds that have Leeds TV and show the games. While living in Scotland my local had Rangers tv which showed the home games as sky didn't have rights.

Whether it be Ifollow, sky , BT or even amazon alot of people won't be able to watch the games at home for whatever reason. 

9 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

I'm talking about while things are not normal. And about Vale.  If a pub in Burslem wants to show Vale.. why not? If the club wants to show Vale with a bit of hospitality, why not? Brings in a bit of revenue. People get to watch the game. Why not?

I should also point out the if you have an ifollow pass, even if you cannot watch the game live, you have full access to the full game later. I am not trying to big up ifollow. Just saying that you get to see the game. And most of the money goes to the club. So if you sign up, you get to see the game. And it helps out the club.

No more, no less. There seems a bit of an opinion on here that it is a bit "shifty". It is not. You pay your money and you get to see the game. And most of the money goes to the club. And under current circs that is the best we as fans can do.

32 minutes ago, toyahw said:

You pay your money and you get to see the game. And most of the money goes to the club. And under current circs that is the best we as fans can do.

I would absolutely agree with that.

Last season I was trying to big up iFollow a bit for the midweek away games in my match previews. My thoughts at the time was that while it's good for Vale to have an away following a lot of people can't make away games. I can't as I don't get home to Aylesbury till 6-7ish - so there's no chance I can get to  midweek Northern games by then. So my thoughts are - if you can't make it in person, it's better that (if your finances allow) you pay a few pounds to iFollow, watch the game, and Vale get some money that they wouldn't otherwise get. 

As things have changed so none of us can see games right now then if you're not a season ticket holder and can spend a few pounds, then support the club through iFollow.

Archived