onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

2020-21 PVFC fixtures

robf

Advert

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

What is the deal with being able to watch games with the grounds closed at this point?

Is there any news on us being able to watch them via I follow in the UK..or will it be Radio Stoke only? 

If they can live stream a pre season friendly I’m sure they could stream the league games.

If the Championship / Premier League is anything to go by then live streams are given to season ticket holders for free and non-ST can pay to watch. That way it works similarly to matches in that club get some sort of walk up revenue (though clearly it won't be as much as there's no shop sales/catering sales/programme sales etc)

The iFollow service offers live streaming of games for fans abroad so it would just be a case of opening that out for the UK-based fans.

As you say, if you've got several season ticket holders in one household you only need one stream but there doesn't seem to be a perfect solution to the problem.

For multi ticket households I would imagine they will offer a refund it may just take time as its 1 of a myriad of things they need to do. For example they have a bloke going round counting seats at the minute to get an accurate account of the seating plan that needs to put into place.
One thing we can be sure of is that the new owner will do the right thing

17 hours ago, Conrad said:

If they can live stream a pre season friendly I’m sure they could stream the league games.

I’d hope so. But there is the wholly legality issue on 3pm kickoffs that still applies. They abolished it for the last season lockdown but I don’t know if that will carry over. 

I heard talk of them letting season ticket holders stream for free. Yet not heard anything since from the league..

It makes total sense to stream the behind closed doors matches. At a tenner a time and free for season ticket holders. The technology is in place, we can watch the games and the owners make a bit of cash.

I just hope some prick doesn't find a way to get around it and stick it on facebook for free. As they have been doing in recent seasons from the ifollow stream. This is illegal and more importantly stealing much needed cash from the club.

10 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It makes total sense to stream the behind closed doors matches. At a tenner a time and free for season ticket holders. The technology is in place, we can watch the games and the owners make a bit of cash.

I just hope some prick doesn't find a way to get around it and stick it on facebook for free. As they have been doing in recent seasons from the ifollow stream. This is illegal and more importantly stealing much needed cash from the club.

I’m very confidence they will put the first few matches on ifollow and give season ticket holders a free pass. 

13 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I wonder if the club could look at online season tickets where the stream would work out cheaper per game if you committed to so many games??

That's a great idea. I think it would be popular. I'd rather buy a number of streaming games in one go than have to buy them every time. Especially if it worked out a bit cheaper too.

I wonder if there's a few more things that they may want to consider for the streams? Things that can engage the fans watching but can be done remotely such as:

1. An electronic, downloadable version of the matchday programme at a lower cost.

2. Perhaps look at getting the "golden goal" draw online so people can still take part (though I think there's issues with doing such things as licences etc are needed)

3. How about something at half-time (e.g. a prize draw or similar). Perhaps they could randomly pick a subscriber to win something for instance.

4. It maybe worth have some fans photos put in the seats as well. 

5. Have we got any old recordings of "Steino is a..." / the Lorne St complaining about a decision etc we can play to make the games more like a normal matchday too? 😉

46 minutes ago, robf said:

An electronic, downloadable version of the matchday programme at a lower cost.

Regarding programmes, does anyone know if programmes were printed (and are available) for the 2 home games that should have taken place within days of the season being halted? - v Crawley (14th March) and Bradford (17th March)

43 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Regarding programmes, does anyone know if programmes were printed (and are available) for the 2 home games that should have taken place within days of the season being halted? - v Crawley (14th March) and Bradford (17th March)

I believe at least one was, as they were giving it away today in the club shop.

Archived