onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stadium Improvements

Boslem's Brazil

10 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Inside the ground today plenty done, obviously the seats in the Lorne the main but replaced a lot of the faded ones elsewhere already and the painting of the other three roofs to the same level of the away end. Little bits here and there. Looks good!

Had missed seeing and being in there was good to get back inside!

759a68125d55f5bebb5c870b4adbf133.jpg

8c08e6335f5776085278821c2c5b01da.jpg

Looks good.  The gap between the railway and the touchline is outrageous, seems miles away.

i think it would be good to see the more pics like they’ve used outside the club shop inside the ground too, just to give it a some identity inside as well. Maybe in the Lorne st concourse and at the back of the bycars and the railway stand too.

Advert

Looks good.  The gap between the railway and the touchline is outrageous, seems miles away.
i think it would be good to see the more pics like they’ve used outside the club shop inside the ground too, just to give it a some identity inside as well. Maybe in the Lorne st concourse and at the back of the bycars and the railway stand too.
Kind of like this at the Craven Cottage you mean ? Screenshot_20200823-084757_Chrome.jpeg

14 hours ago, robf said:

Somewhat off on a tangent, I did a piece on that a while back - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2016/03/the-quiet-centurion-of-vale-park/

I believe that's the oldest structure in the stadium and after the demolition of the old Bycars roof, the only steelwork that predates the Stadium. It's the iron work from the old Swan Passage stand at the Old Rec so it's got to be 100 years+ old. 

Having gone off subject, I guess it's good we've got parts of the ground like it though - if fans do have to socially distance when sitting then at least a few more can squeeze into that corner. 

and its a great view of the pitch!

4 hours ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Kind of like this at the Craven Cottage you mean ? Screenshot_20200823-084757_Chrome.jpeg

Yes something like that. The Lorne st concourse is a bit soulless and I was thinking those kind of murals would give it some character. Plus they can go inside the ground as well either down the sides or at the back of the home stands.

Yes something like that. The Lorne st concourse is a bit soulless and I was thinking those kind of murals would give it some character. Plus they can go inside the ground as well either down the sides or at the back of the home stands.
Also down the side of the paddock as well on the inside bit just like at Fulham.

• 2 weeks later...

For those that are not aware, all the stands are now/will be sponsored by Autonet Insurance, Lorne street yet to be completed. The stadium will remain as Vale Park. Also, it would appear that there are plans in the pipeline for the old Family Stand.  All this from the horses mouth so to speak,  idonno07 on twitter.

The signage looks really great in the pics on twitter.  Well done to all involved, and a massive thanks to Donno and Autonet Insurance for their investment. 🙏👏👏👏

For those that are not aware, all the stands are now/will be sponsored by Autonet Insurance, Lorne street yet to be completed. The stadium will remain as Vale Park. Also, it would appear that there are plans in the pipeline for the old Family Stand.  All this from the horses mouth so to speak,  idonno07 on twitter.
The signage looks really great in the pics on twitter.  Well done to all involved, and a massive thanks to Donno and Autonet Insurance for their investment.
Thank you for the update. I can't see anything on twitter.

On 18/08/2020 at 22:50, fuzzyvalefan said:

Of course they are going to fade in time.  Have you seen Sunderland's ground?  The old red seats are all pink these days.  At least now they are all yellow (insert Coldplay clip here).  Before there was a load of blue ones in there which i assume are old ones from the corner family stand.

I’ve never understood why VP has masses of yellow seats. Why not white or black?

24 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
33 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:
The signage looks really great in the pics on twitter.  Well done to all involved, and a massive thanks to Donno and Autonet Insurance for their investment. emoji120.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

Thank you for the update. I can't see anything on twitter.

Hopefully this link will work for you 👍

A small point and one thats not important in the scheme of things, but the PVFC signage in the Railway Paddock seats is not centered and it drives my OCD up the wall 🥴

I have to say though, the ground is looking better than I have ever seen it in my 58 years of supporting the club, to me now it actually looks like a stadium and one that the fans can be proud of, all thanks to Carol and Co.

See the Lorne street now appears to have completely been re seated so looks smart.

Not sure if they plan to do the lot rather than the patches if older seats or the odd wrong coloured one but certainly starting to look much better!

Once we can get that Lorne Street stand finished internally it will be good to see it!

Archived