onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match thread: Blackpool vs Port Vale friendly

robf

33 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'd imagine the Blackpool fans head was done in by Bowers. Works both ways.

As for the game, it wasn't due to no crowd as we possibly wouldn't of got 1000 anyway but I found it a non event.

Haven't taken anything from the game apart from Rodney looks a unit who could have a lot on his young shoulders.

Not scaremongering but incredibly concerning that Manny and Cullen are being nursed already. Sounds so negative I know but with their injuries that's why I'm feeling that way 

Unlikely - Bowers was very impartial and unbiased. The Blackpool guy just constantly bigged up every Blackpool player like they were world class and wouldn't even say anything half positive about Vale.

Advert

9 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Unlikely - Bowers was very impartial and unbiased. The Blackpool guy just constantly bigged up every Blackpool player like they were world class and wouldn't even say anything half positive about Vale.

Can't say as I heard that, opinions eh 

I mean Bowers wittering on about donkeys and refusing to go in Sea life was quite pitiful. I'd imagine Blackpool's fans were thinking WTF , because I certainly was .

We'll agree to disagree 

38 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

For me, best eleven from today were: Brown; Gibbo, Legge, Smith, Monty; Burgess, Joyce, Conlon; Amoo, Pope, Worrall. No surprises there then!

I like Amoo, but for me I thought Browne had a better game. 

The Blackpool side was strong on paper and they have a good set of forwards. Thought all players did ok. Defensive shape was quite good both halves. Difficult to judge the midfield as an attacking force as we were generally on the back foot. The forwards didn't really get a lot of decent supply, not sure if Pele at his peak would have looked better than either Pope or Rodney.

I'd say we looked industrious and needed to be against a good side with games already under their belt. This was a very tough first preseason game. It had quite a high tempo. Didn't think anyone stood out, or had a particularly bad game. Fitzpatrick struggled a bit but had one day of training so hard to judge. Mills can't do what he did in the regular season or it will cost.

1 minute ago, robf said:

I like Amoo, but for me I thought Browne had a better game. 

I like Browne. He lacks that real pace that Amoo has and sadly for Browne real pace counts for a lot in league 2. I thought in many ways Browne was the better player last season.

7 minutes ago, j_grainger10 said:

I think we desperately need a creative central midfielder. 

Tend to agree. That and a forward to mitigate Pope's ban, Cullen's niggling injuries, and Rodney's need for development.

Squad feel solid, balanced, hard-working; just lacking that bit of craft right now.

Hopefully can be addressed in the next couple of weeks.

6 minutes ago, j_grainger10 said:

I think we desperately need a creative central midfielder. 

I'm happy with the full strength midfield for me that's covered. 

Up front is the issue, desperate is maybe too harsh but we certainly need somebody sharpish. 

With regards to Pope I'm hoping his ban includes ALL games so in effect might only be 3 or 4 league games

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm happy with the full strength midfield for me that's covered. 

Up front is the issue, desperate is maybe too harsh but we certainly need somebody sharpish. 

With regards to Pope I'm hoping his ban includes ALL games so in effect might only be 3 or 4 league games

EFL trophy games has a different sanctions regime. I suspect the League Cup game will count.

Biggest difference between first and second half was experience, knowing each other's game and leadership.

A lot of factors making it hard to make an impression.

I suspect many of the second half team would do ok in the first half team, but so many was too much.

They did ok for 15 minutes, then it largely fell away.

Thought we looked ok. Massive difference in rustiness and fitness which was expected so probably slightly better than I expected. 

As others have posted, desperate for a forward. I also think we need a Cm. For me we’re weaker than last season there. (Losing Taylor). Rodney looked decent have a feeling he will play more than Cullen with his fitness issues and Popey. Disappointed re Cullen and manny. 

Thought we looked ok. Massive difference in rustiness and fitness which was expected so probably slightly better than I expected. 
As others have posted, desperate for a forward. I also think we need a Cm. For me we’re weaker than last season there. (Losing Taylor). Rodney looked decent have a feeling he will play more than Cullen with his fitness issues and Popey. Disappointed re Cullen and manny. 
I think we're fully stocked in central midfield with Joyce, Manny, Burgess, Whitehead, Conlon and Trickett-Smith. Mills and Worrall can also drop in there too.

Although I do agree that some more creativity wouldn't go amiss!

I still feel we're a good centre forward and a good wide man short.

Archived