onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

friendlies

boslemportvale91

Advert

55 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

4)Manny Oyeleke unlike Cullen had no injury record before joining Port Vale

Not true, at all. He has had frequent long term injury problems since leaving Brentford.

2 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Does anyone have any idea why neither The Sentinel or The Club haven't released a match report for the Forest game?

In terms of The Sentinel, Baggaley was probably busy writing articles about Stoke, as he has been doing for a while now (which must be a dream job for him, as he's a Stoke fan). He's one of about 6 different people that write the countless Stoke articles on The Sentinel website - I could sort of understand them getting the ridiculously extensive coverage when they were in the Premier League, but its just barrel-scrapingly pathetic now that they're a lowly Championship club (once more). Has the 'Stoke City Correspondent' (Spinks) left, or been put back on furlough until the games kick in again?

10 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:

Does anyone have any idea why neither The Sentinel or The Club haven't released a match report for the Forest game?

In terms of The Sentinel, they probably weren't allowed in. In terms of the club, it's possible Forest won't allow us to post footage, or maybe would want to see footage prior to us posting it.  Who knows, but i don't think it'll be any more sinister than that.

57 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

What's with all the secrecy and teams not having anyone at the pre season games nowadays? I've noticed a few teams doing it lately. 

I'm guessing nottingham forest have the video footage hence why it's taking so long to upload

I guessing similar. I presume no media allowed in and Forest will provide the video when ready.

It's a pity but I guess considering where we are, having competitive games at all is a step forward from where we were a few months ago. 

11 hours ago, Burslem Academicals said:

1)Manny Oyeleke fit is our best player.

2)Manny Oyeleke won player of the season and signed for Port Vale

3)Players of the season play regularly injury free.

4)Manny Oyeleke unlike Cullen had no injury record before joining Port Vale

5)Manny Oyeleke turned Vegan returned lighter and fit.

6)Manny Oyeleke has now missed weeks of pre-season and every friendly

7)What is going on?

He is 27 and managed 2 full seasons and one half seasons. It's starting to look a problem of Michael Walsh or Lee Mathews performance. At least he hasn't got injured climbing out of a swimming pool yet!

10 hours ago, Santa said:

At least it's a new injury and not his hamstring again, it could just be horrendous bad luck.

May well be linked in terms of him trying to compensate for his hamstring when running.

10 hours ago, Doha said:

Not true, at all. He has had frequent long term injury problems since leaving Brentford.

Sadly you are correct. He's clearly not going to be fit for the start of the season. I wonder if we aren't best leaving him out of the squad until Christmas. Do a proper preseason with him until October then loan him somewhere and play him in the trophy games. See if we can actually get him fit for the squad change window in January. Aldershot did something like that with him a few years ago when they loaned him to Canvey Island. Rushing him back into the team is almost certainly going to result in another spell on the sidelines. With the preseason he's not had I can't see him lasting 2 matches during the first 6 to 7 weeks; when we are half way to Christmas.

Archived