onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

friendlies

boslemportvale91

Advert

Anybody else  think that the Maynard rumour of signing was a decoy while we quietly signed Theo who we wanted all along. 
He was at the club most the afternoon Wednesday so there was definitely interest I just think Askey had his plan b ready and waiting. And credit to the manager because he said Friday was the latest and when Maynard didn't show Friday to sign there was no messing around he just went out and signed Theo.

Without wishing to speculate or be unduly negative, I'm always a bit anxious when players miss a huge chunk of pre-season. We've seen it time and time again, where they subsequently struggle to get fully match fit - because they've missed weeks of training and several friendly games. 

And once you're not in the first team then your fitness is further affected as you fall down the pecking order.

Players have had months to get fit and sort out any problems, a lot longer than normal. 

It's very frustrating. I think he's a good player and have no doubt that, at his best,. he'd be in our first XI. But we've missed him now for so long that he's become the missing man and as others have said above we really need another body and a bit more physicality in the middle of the park in the squad.

I'm sure no-one is more frustrated than the lad himself but we can't carry players who are unavailable for weeks on end. I presumed he's got a niggle and would miss a week and then be back as normal but he's missed, what, 2-3 weeks now is it, and all our 3 friendlies? I'm not 100% sure on that but it seems a long time for a minor niggle.

Let’s not forget that anything can happen in training, situations that no amount of running or stretching can prepare your body for. You could turn funny or twist a certain way or fall awkwardly or just get injured through a challenge. But having said all that I tend to agree thaT Mannys muscular injuries are a concern, let’s hope he’s over it quickly. 

1)Manny Oyeleke fit is our best player.

2)Manny Oyeleke won player of the season and signed for Port Vale

3)Players of the season play regularly injury free.

4)Manny Oyeleke unlike Cullen had no injury record before joining Port Vale

5)Manny Oyeleke turned Vegan returned lighter and fit.

6)Manny Oyeleke has now missed weeks of pre-season and every friendly

7)What is going on?

Archived