Jump to content

Macclesfield relegated after efl appeal


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ginginator said:

JA owed £173k, what a state of affairs they seem to have been allowed to trade under.

Which begs the question why when Askey left for Shrewbury they appointed such a high profile guy as Sol Campbell ?

Just how did they propose to pay his wages.

Tip of the iceberg. Sadly more clubs will fold.

Meanwhile in other football news....................

Gareth Bale reportedly on 60 grand a week , yes a week , is close to rejoining Spurs. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very sad for Macc whose fans and players do not deserve this whereas Stevenage's players did.

This is completely wrong. How can the EFL get this, Wigan and Sheff Wednesday wrong so badly? Are they just flipping a coin or something?

You took the words right out of my......keyboard!

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Which begs the question why when Askey left for Shrewbury they appointed such a high profile guy as Sol Campbell ?

Just how did they propose to pay his wages.

Tip of the iceberg. Sadly more clubs will fold.

Meanwhile in other football news....................

Gareth Bale reportedly on 60 grand a week , yes a week , is close to rejoining Spurs. 

 

Bale taking a pay cut 🙂 he was on a reported 600k a week. But if teams want success and go over the top that is the issue. I would glady sign a contract for £600k if it was offered. Who do you blame the player or the system/fans/owners that need the success. A bit like anything in life, for a few keeping up with the Joneses seems to rule. I always wanted the best boots but got some cast offs 😞 but I survived. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

A lot of money for an employee at this level of football that! Not like he is on huge wages to cover it.

I think most of what owed will have been in unpaid bonuses.  He got them up against the odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Bale taking a pay cut 🙂 he was on a reported 600k a week. But if teams want success and go over the top that is the issue. I would glady sign a contract for £600k if it was offered. Who do you blame the player or the system/fans/owners that need the success. A bit like anything in life, for a few keeping up with the Joneses seems to rule. I always wanted the best boots but got some cast offs 😞 but I survived. 

Sorry i missed the zero off, he wouldn't get out of bed for 60 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 2 weeks later...

Blimey. Where do they go from there?

Do they have the supporter base and/or a local money man who can ride to their rescue? It seems not.

It's a great shame. How things can turn so quickly?

It's hard to believe that in that part of south Cheshire, Manchester commuter belt, there isn't an appetite or the desire or the money to keep that historic club afloat.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Blimey. Where do they go from there?

Do they have the supporter base and/or a local money man who can ride to their rescue? It seems not.

It's a great shame. How things can turn so quickly?

It's hard to believe that in that part of south Cheshire, Manchester commuter belt, there isn't an appetite or the desire or the money to keep that historic club afloat.

 

 

Joe Sealey son of Les Sealey the Ex Manchester United Goalkeeper is a prospective buyer, his wife features on Housewives of Cheshire the reality TV programme, in the past she has said they want to take over and revolutionise it, she is as far removed to Carol in every way possible way.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54341314

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Please don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy