Macclesfield relegated after efl appeal

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very sad for Macc whose fans and players do not deserve this whereas Stevenage's players did.

This is completely wrong. How can the EFL get this, Wigan and Sheff Wednesday wrong so badly? Are they just flipping a coin or something?

You took the words right out of my......keyboard!

Parry picks up his millions whilst Rome burns. 

Fudged it on Wednesday and Derby but shafted Bury Wigan and Macc 

I know Macc are small but League 2 now comprises 

FGR , Salford, Harrogate, Barrow, Stevenage, Crawley, Morecambe

I'm a proper football club get me out of heeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeee 

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Stevenage have made a few impressive signings recently. I think they may be a threat next season. 

A team that won 3 all season ? Who are these impressive signings ? Please don't say Prosser 

I know they continually failed to pay wages on time, but I feel they have been harshly treated here.

The 4 point penalty was originally suspended only to be activated in the event of a further breach of regulation 63.7 during season 20/21. Then they change their mind and apply it to this season, I’m surprised that is legal.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I know they continually failed to pay wages on time, but I feel they have been harshly treated here.

The 4 point penalty was originally suspended only to be activated in the event of a further breach of regulation 63.7 during season 20/21. Then they change their mind and apply it to this season, I’m surprised that is legal.

It's not the fans or the players who are to blame at Macc, it is solely the owner.  The EFL needs to change its rules so that owners can be punished in some way rather than the players and fans.  Alkadhi failed to pay wages on numerous occasions during the season, why could the League not sanction him personally with fines?  Why could they not have a system in place where a team from the League moves in to run the club and removes the golden share from Alkhadi?  He would clearly not pass the owners and directors test now so why is he allowed to stay?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

It's not the fans or the players who are to blame at Macc, it is solely the owner.  The EFL needs to change its rules so that owners can be punished in some way rather than the players and fans.  Alkadhi failed to pay wages on numerous occasions during the season, why could the League not sanction him personally with fines?  Why could they not have a system in place where a team from the League moves in to run the club and removes the golden share from Alkhadi?  He would clearly not pass the owners and directors test now so why is he allowed to stay?

Yep, agree with all of that, but the EFL are renowned for burying their heads in the sand and actually doing naff all.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

The EFL needs to change its rules so that owners can be punished in some way rather than the players and fans.  Alkadhi failed to pay wages on numerous occasions during the season, why could the League not sanction him personally with fines?

The EFL is made up of the chairmen of the club's. Why would the chairmen vote for a rule that meant they would be personally fined for mismanagement of clubs?

It would be like MPs voting for fines in Parliament or big bankers agreeing to get fined if they cause another economic collapse.