On 16/09/2020 at 22:04, princesslear said:

Cant wait to return to VP.  Appreciate too early to allow away supporters in but just to allow home supporters in to see their team play is a 'must'. We can go in to shops, bars, restaurants etc so why not outdoors to watch a football match? 

youll be lucky me duck😪

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to laugh as I was  standing in a queue to buy my season ticket today.  Turned around and read an old sign up outside the Railway turnstile. All face coverings of any kind must be removed befo

If the season finishes now then surely we will be promoted in second place?

Cant wait to return to VP.  Appreciate too early to allow away supporters in but just to allow home supporters in to see their team play is a 'must'. We can go in to shops, bars, restaurants etc so wh

Posted Images

On 26/08/2020 at 15:09, The man in the pub said:

Had to laugh as I was  standing in a queue to buy my season ticket today.  Turned around and read an old sign up outside the Railway turnstile.

All face coverings of any kind must be removed before entry.

Or maybe not.

we noticed that sign to, we brought it to the attention of a steward who was wearing a balaclava covering his face! 😷

Edited by geoff1
spelling
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

As expected. Grim times .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745

Very grim. I can't see any fans in the ground before New Year and that is looking unlikely - it could be a whole season behind closed doors at this rate.

I think the only thing that will stop some clubs going to the wall will be if the EFL can persuade the PL to stump up some of their millions to help. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, philmpv said:
33 minutes ago, MelbourneValiant said:
If the season finishes now then surely we will be promoted in second place?

After 2 games I think it inherently more likely that the season would be declared null and void!

it wont!

I've never expected anyone back in VP until Spring at the earliest tbh. Always expected Christmas and NYE to be a write off.

I know a doctor who is a clinical director of medicine at an NHS trust, saw him last week. He's worried. 

37 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Our average points per game will be excellent too😁

I may have dreamt it or read it that at least 23 league games (half season) will need to be played for the season to be  acted upon.

• Like 1

This is from a Guardian article and shows the selfish, money grabbing PL for what it is. "does its bit" don't make me laugh...

The EFL is also looking for financial support from the Premier League and believes it should expect it, after government made support for the football pyramid part of the conditions for restarting elite football in June.

The Premier League, meanwhile, continues to point to its own losses – estimated at about £80m a month without fans in grounds - and says it already does its bit to support the game.