• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to laugh as I was  standing in a queue to buy my season ticket today.  Turned around and read an old sign up outside the Railway turnstile. All face coverings of any kind must be removed befo

If the season finishes now then surely we will be promoted in second place?

Why no away fans? Hypothetically, a Vale fan can't watch Vale away at Stoke but can travel to work in Manchester. An exiled fan in London can travel to Vale Park to watch a Home game. I am now th

Posted Images

With all these games getting postponed. It’s only a matter of time before football gets cancelled again.
The German and French games last night both had a sprinkling of fans in. A decision has to be made on how many games to make a season legal. Football is a boost for a lot of people, helping to get us through Coron.
  • Like 1

Whatever anybody thinks of how politicians are doing we are faced with a possible major crisis. I was one of the first to state back in February that the season would not finish and working in the pharmacy business without a vaccine this virus won't be going anywhere. We have dispatched over a million flu doses to our branches and are desperate to get more in. Imagine mumps, rubella, chicken pox, and measles without a vaccine, I would expect that the government will throw money at this as it gets worse but that won't stop people getting infected, including footballers, coaches, managers etc. My prediction for what it's worth is that as games get called of (just two today) on a more regular basis and winter starts to take its toll football I'm afraid will end at the beginning of December. I pray I am way off the mark as I miss my Saturdays in the railway stand and hope all fellow Valiants stay safe....UTV.

Whatever anybody thinks of how politicians are doing we are faced with a possible major crisis. I was one of the first to state back in February that the season would not finish and working in the pharmacy business without a vaccine this virus won't be going anywhere. We have dispatched over a million flu doses to our branches and are desperate to get more in. Imagine mumps, rubella, chicken pox, and measles without a vaccine, I would expect that the government will throw money at this as it gets worse but that won't stop people getting infected, including footballers, coaches, managers etc. My prediction for what it's worth is that as games get called of (just two today) on a more regular basis and winter starts to take its toll football I'm afraid will end at the beginning of December. I pray I am way off the mark as I miss my Saturdays in the railway stand and hope all fellow Valiants stay safe....UTV.

I hope you're wrong but it wouldn't surprise me. Stevenage could have been off today, West Ham in mid week and it's only September. I fear this won't end nicely

The issue in leagues one and two is testing or lack off, mainly down to financing it by clubs already skint. Most clubs only test if symptoms are shown rather than weekly like the Prem clubs (no idea on what Vale do mind).

If all tested weekly then as before clubs can isolate the odd case or two and games avoid being called off.

Orient had 17 I believe which they think they got in their hotel in Oldham but if 1 or 2 then isolate them which is what Stevenage or West Ham did.

Oddly though Grimsby had one and that was called off... possibly because they didn’t test the rest of the squad whereas Stevenage did.

If the season is cut short again many clubs will die simply down to a) contracts to pay without furlough and b) broken contracts with TV/sponsors etc and likely ST refunds. Hibernation wouldn’t avoid having outgoings still and would be a disaster so clubs need financial support and ideally finding funds for regular testing as the Stevenage chairman suggests either through the PFA or even player wages.

It’s a mess.

22 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

One minister admitted that stadiums were some of the safest places the other day,he said their problem was fans getting to the games,mingling together outside and going into pubs before the games(found that bit odd as they can do that anyway)

Yet people are ok to mingle on public transport, in pubs, at work etc etc 

• Like 1

The issue in leagues one and two is testing or lack off, mainly down to financing it by clubs already skint. Most clubs only test if symptoms are shown rather than weekly like the Prem clubs (no idea on what Vale do mind).

If all tested weekly then as before clubs can isolate the odd case or two and games avoid being called off.

Orient had 17 I believe which they think they got in their hotel in Oldham but if 1 or 2 then isolate them which is what Stevenage or West Ham did.

Oddly though Grimsby had one and that was called off... possibly because they didn’t test the rest of the squad whereas Stevenage did.

If the season is cut short again many clubs will die simply down to a) contracts to pay without furlough and b) broken contracts with TV/sponsors etc and likely ST refunds. Hibernation wouldn’t avoid having outgoings still and would be a disaster so clubs need financial support and ideally finding funds for regular testing as the Stevenage chairman suggests either through the PFA or even player wages.

It’s a mess.
Could the Grimsby decision to not test the rest of the players have anything to do with the covid clauses Holloway stated they had in their contracts.

Maybe they don't have to pay their players if they can't play due to covid.

It would be interesting to know what the clause is.

This is from a Guardian article and shows the selfish, money grabbing PL for what it is. "does its bit" don't make me laugh...

The EFL is also looking for financial support from the Premier League and believes it should expect it, after government made support for the football pyramid part of the conditions for restarting elite football in June.

The Premier League, meanwhile, continues to point to its own losses – estimated at about £80m a month without fans in grounds - and says it already does its bit to support the game.

Now they start to moan about losses when they've bragged for decades they can run with empty stadiums, my heart friggin bleeds. Fans have been let back in sport in France and Russia, clubs have worked so hard to put everything in place to get fans in its shocking to have it taken away so late on