onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Returning to VP

NLVMalc

Advert

10 hours ago, The Wonder of You said:

To get fans in I am certain many aspects of getting in and out of the ground has been investigated. I wonder though if anyone has thought of making the gate into the car park in corner of railway paddock end a large double entry so that you do not all get bunched up as you try to get back to cars. Or add another entry/exit to car park alongside paddock, sure there used to be two when it was normid.

I imagine you will have to stand around and wait your turn before being allowed out of the ground, a bit like the end of break at primary school.

As a ST holder living in Birmingham I could technically come to VP but I would be travelling in from an area with recent restrictions imposed. I wouldn't feel comfortable in going to a game knowing this and I don't think it is a good idea either although I don't think I would be breaking any rules as such. I wonder if there are fans in a similar position either from the Birmingham area or elsewhere under restrictions? If it were possible I would prefer to watch games online until it is safe to travel as it is different for people who live outside of the S-o-T area.
Also Brum based its complicated atm isn't it.

I ve been sceptical about getting back to crowds in the grounds or any large public gathering since the start of the season.

its not going to happen at best until after the winter. Even then I m doubtful. Not even sure the season will finish.
I think some work and thoughts needs to be done on how to get all the clubs through this period without fans in the ground and without going bust, that should be the main priority now.

unfortunately innovative thinking / clear leadership isn’t a strong point of the powers that be. Instead of bleating on about how they want fans back in the ground, they should spend their energy on how to get through this. 

utv

1 hour ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I ve been sceptical about getting back to crowds in the grounds or any large public gathering since the start of the season.

its not going to happen at best until after the winter. Even then I m doubtful. Not even sure the season will finish.
I think some work and thoughts needs to be done on how to get all the clubs through this period without fans in the ground and without going bust, that should be the main priority now.

unfortunately innovative thinking / clear leadership isn’t a strong point of the powers that be. Instead of bleating on about how they want fans back in the ground, they should spend their energy on how to get through this. 

utv

The only way to ensure this Bob is money feeding down from The Premier and that won't happen as they are greedy.

Sadly the likes of Keegan and Clemence from Scunthorpe to Liverpool are long gone days. Also the Bosman has put paid to fees for clubs like ourselves, we nearly lost Smith for nothing. Maybe Peterborough and Exeter are the exception to the rule but in the main there a very few actual fees in the lower divisions.

It simply can't be right that a player earns a million quid a month whilst a club goes bust.

I really fear for lots of clubs going forward.

Also i know the pandemic was new and building up but i'm still unable to fathom how we cancelled with 9 games to go due to financial concerns in March,  yet we are already heading to game 6 with no crowds.

Furlough made it a financial decision based on the then current wage bills. This season Clubs should have adjusted to the different financial climate, but probably optimistic on fans at games. Likely that there will be casualties if some have overstretched themselves.

boris will put the kibosh on this lot tonight, looks like no crowds for the foreseeable future. just laughed at the picture of brighton fans proposed seating on the news, all spaced one seat away from each other, trouble is if the person directly behind you coughs, sneezes, theyt in trouble matey. looks like disaster for lower league clubs!😒

On 16/09/2020 at 22:04, princesslear said:

Cant wait to return to VP.  Appreciate too early to allow away supporters in but just to allow home supporters in to see their team play is a 'must'. We can go in to shops, bars, restaurants etc so why not outdoors to watch a football match? 

youll be lucky me duck😪

On 26/08/2020 at 15:09, The man in the pub said:

Had to laugh as I was  standing in a queue to buy my season ticket today.  Turned around and read an old sign up outside the Railway turnstile.

All face coverings of any kind must be removed before entry.

Or maybe not.

we noticed that sign to, we brought it to the attention of a steward who was wearing a balaclava covering his face! 😷

Archived