onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Returning to VP

NLVMalc

15 minutes ago, Smugsy said:

Norwich are one of the clubs selected and this is how they are doing it:

Season ticket holders can apply for up to 6 (six) tickets for this Saturday’s fixture against Preston North End (Carrow Road, 3pm kick-off). All fans that are part of the application must belong to the same support bubble to be eligible to attend the game. If successful, all seats will be located together.

Multiple applications will not be permitted. For each additional ticket requested, a unique supporter number must be provided. If one supporter number is selected throughout the application, this application will be void.

Initially I thought it was a bit of a free for all. It's a bit more controlled than that but it's still relying on fans not to sit together with their mates

why bother! sensible percentage of capacity required, no away fans, st holders have preference. people who attend reg. paying weekly allowed say 500 seats. failing that, sit on thee sofa and for a tenner watch the match in comfort with a nice pint and some oatcakes! cheers.

Advert

There is no way of doing it without upsetting people. Who gets priority and how can the club possibly do it in a fair way when 3000 people are going to miss out.
There are 2 very obvious ways to do this that no one could really complain about.

The first 1000 people who bought a season ticket are offered a ticket each
Or
A random draw of season ticket holders

People can then choose to go or allow their ticket to go to the next purchasers or be redrawn.

If there is another limited attendance game people who went to the first game are excluded.

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with either option. If you miss out then be happy for the ones who are lucky enough to attend.

Times are suggesting it could be limited to 1000-2500 for this season now which has caused huge uproar... (I mean a 76,000 old Trafford that’s ridiculous!)

The Germans and French are managing so hope they stick to the 30% from October which would probably just about be enough for season ticket, 10 game and regular walk ups for us.

To get fans in I am certain many aspects of getting in and out of the ground has been investigated. I wonder though if anyone has thought of making the gate into the car park in corner of railway paddock end a large double entry so that you do not all get bunched up as you try to get back to cars. Or add another entry/exit to car park alongside paddock, sure there used to be two when it was normid.

As a ST holder living in Birmingham I could technically come to VP but I would be travelling in from an area with recent restrictions imposed. I wouldn't feel comfortable in going to a game knowing this and I don't think it is a good idea either although I don't think I would be breaking any rules as such. I wonder if there are fans in a similar position either from the Birmingham area or elsewhere under restrictions? If it were possible I would prefer to watch games online until it is safe to travel as it is different for people who live outside of the S-o-T area.

17 minutes ago, Yardley Valiant said:

As a ST holder living in Birmingham I could technically come to VP but I would be travelling in from an area with recent restrictions imposed. I wouldn't feel comfortable in going to a game knowing this and I don't think it is a good idea either although I don't think I would be breaking any rules as such. I wonder if there are fans in a similar position either from the Birmingham area or elsewhere under restrictions? If it were possible I would prefer to watch games online until it is safe to travel as it is different for people who live outside of the S-o-T area.

Previously online/TV  broadcasts were not allowed  in the UK on Saturday afternoons 3-5 to avoid reducing attendances, but with restricted attendances  does that need to apply?  Why not allow ST holders to exchange , on a match by match basis , their seat for an online pass?

54 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Previously online/TV  broadcasts were not allowed  in the UK on Saturday afternoons 3-5 to avoid reducing attendances, but with restricted attendances  does that need to apply?  Why not allow ST holders to exchange , on a match by match basis , their seat for an online pass?

That's what is happening now, Fosse, so it shouldn't be beyond the wit of man to extend it when reduced attendances return.

Archived