onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Returning to VP

NLVMalc

Advert

Off the clubs website..........

Vale Park is located in Burslem which is a town situated within the city of Stoke-on-Trent.

The full address for Vale Park is Vale Park, Hamil Road, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, ST6 1AW.

The capacity for Vale Park is a little over 19,000.

Just now, barny61 said:

Off the clubs website..........

Vale Park is located in Burslem which is a town situated within the city of Stoke-on-Trent.

The full address for Vale Park is Vale Park, Hamil Road, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, ST6 1AW.

The capacity for Vale Park is a little over 19,000.

Could be about right I guess,

4500 in the Away End

Bycars must be similar which would be 8000-9000

Assume the Railway side easily holds 6-7000

2000 or so in the half section of the Lorne St

I renewed on the payment plan and can't wait to get into the stadium I take it the finished part of the stand won't be used so around 4750 will be allowed in which is easily done. All I'd say is when we are been taken in please don't abuse anyone who's helping to try to get us in and out safely. Keep hearing about people getting some really bad abuse which is so wrong

18 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I think you have to knock the capacity of the family stand of the 19,052 capacity as that wont be in use as it doesn't have a safety certificate 

I'd have liked to have seen the family stand used for 50-100 away fans, just to add a bit of extra spice. I think the only reason that most clubs are not allowing away fans is due to the extra challenges around segregation and capacity. That wouldn't be an issue of the family stand was used for some well behaved and privileged supporters of the opposition. 

18 hours ago, The Waterboy said:

Lots of non-league teams have welcomed away fans (including some of the larger clubs like FC United) I think 90 away fans were let in for their most recent friendly. Leek allocated 30 tickets to Congleton Town in their friendly last month.

Think personally i'd prefer a blanket ban all season long.

Everyone would accept that, opening small capacities for away fans is a whole new can of worms.

I go to say 12 to 15 away games a season.

Who works out that i can go to Crawley or Stevenage but i can't go to Tranmere or Bolton ?

Some people go to most or all away games, do they get preference? Again opens a can of worms as it doesn't necessarily make them a better fan, just that they have the time and money and ( possibly ) are retired.

Likewise because i have a season ticket it doesn't make me better than someone who hasn't but goes every game that they can and maybe fits it in around work.

Draw a line under this season and no away fans all season long. Then next season surely to goodness 18 months after covid struck we should be back to some semblance of normaility.

I love the away games too, but I'm reluctantly happy to miss those for the home games. I can't imagine they will allow a limited number of away fans in to grounds just in case more fans decide to chance it and travel, its much easier to ban it totally for the foreseeable and just allow home fans in.

With a computer based purchasing system for home and away tickets there is the opportunity to set up a fair system, probably already underway. As with most businesses  when items are in short supply regular customers are given priority.  Regular away fans could be ranked by tickets bought and distance travelled from their home address,   Success has its problems, but there are always solutions

41 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I love the away games too, but I'm reluctantly happy to miss those for the home games. I can't imagine they will allow a limited number of away fans in to grounds just in case more fans decide to chance it and travel, its much easier to ban it totally for the foreseeable and just allow home fans in.

I think it will be  Season Ticket only  for this season,  so no scope for  away fans at clubs in our league.

Archived