onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Returning to VP

NLVMalc

It’s great that this system is in place, but I personally know three people who have tested positive for COVID, not one of them ever recorded or suffered with a high temperature.

I can see the authorities banning away supporters and travel initially, which means Vale fans could possibly use the Hamil End too, further spreading out people and hopefully reducing the risks.

VS the decision on a way fans is likely to be down to individual clubs rather than imposed by govt. My concern at Vale is how many of the older fan base will return to matches and how many Vale fans might consider it too risky for themselves to return - in which case the Hamil might not be needed for home fans.

Advert

I have no issue with going Vale as I didn’t getting on an aircraft and going to Greece a few weeks back... life is a risk, the last seven weeks have seen more flu deaths, as many as five times than Covid-19 and people still sit outside on a wet January night in Morecambe.

That’s my view and how I see the risk to myself and my family, I do however respect people feel differently and some are likely to be at a greater risk than a 35 year old bloke (all be it with asthma and a beer gut!)

I will be blunt in that I don’t see fans being back in October... I really don’t and I fear for the clubs if this is the case at our level. Already the test events were cancelled in sport the last week and case numbers are rising to a degree. Whilst I feel there is an over reaction at times to this the government won’t risk fans congregating and with all the various local lockdowns/restrictions and the colder weather and traditional flu season I can’t see how it will happen in October... maybe not even this winter.

I can’t say I have ever got ill and thought “bloody hell must of caught that down the Vale” but these are strange times and with a lot of rising in cases in Europe in general blamed on gatherings I think the government will be too hesitant to allow it.

I do think in the hope this happens it would make sense to have more Tuesday league games and the first 3 weeks of the season to be the Leasing games and Capital One cup R1 and 2 so fans get their season ticket usage and clubs are less hit financially as these are generally poorly attended fixtures.

Some really good thoughts in there VF16

I would not argue with anything you say there valefan. It's more a question of whether you try to get a few in, or give up. But it is a very tricky issue for sure. And subject to a huge amount of uncertainty. I just personally feel doing nothing is not an option. It is a situation that somehow has to be come to terms with. Maybe just sack the whole thing is the answer. I'd rather not.
I think that this is why Malcom was asking for feedback. Which has all been very reasonable.

Absolutely, it’s not an easy situation for fans and clubs alike. There is some good insight from people’s thoughts expressed on here.

Well that’s it then, Vale behind closed doors and no fans for the rest of next season...might as well get a refund on my seats in ticket then 🤷‍♂️

Apologies Conrad, this was meant to an ironic response.

Your fundamental point of how people react when under the influence of alcohol is a good one and is a very legitimate concern that some fans may have.

29 minutes ago, NLVMalc said:

Apologies Conrad, this was meant to an ironic response.

Your fundamental point of how people react when under the influence of alcohol is a good one and is a very legitimate concern that some fans may have.

No problems Malc.

What I will add that say the Government do allow fans back soon, Vale is probably as well suited as any in the division to take less of a hit on numbers... 25% would probably fit our average home support in...

The concourse area's of the Railway would be well suited being outdoors as the consensus seems that indoors is a problem... you also have the huge land that ground is on... so for example you could put temporary fencing up and toilets to and extend the concourse area, so you have the Paddock Gates wide open for eg and enter via the fenced area put further forward, this would give more space and less clogging up near the food areas (burger Vans for eg maybe to help?) The Away end which lets assume is now home only you could do the same, a temporary fenced area pushing out onto the car park to give more outdoor concourse areas and ease access and again with the Lorne Street out onto the bottom of the car park there would add some extra space.

Bycars is the only one with less space but again its not really enclosed spacing there.

I personally dont have a Season Ticket so I dont know if I will get to a game down to the limits on capacity as rightly ST holders get first access so hoping it is 5000-6000 capacity and I can get to some games as normal, I will certainly be there and trust the set up we have now to do all they can to accommodate safely.

3 hours ago, valefan16 said:

What I will add that say the Government do allow fans back soon, Vale is probably as well suited as any in the division to take less of a hit on numbers... 25% would probably fit our average home support in...

The concourse area's of the Railway would be well suited being outdoors as the consensus seems that indoors is a problem... you also have the huge land that ground is on... so for example you could put temporary fencing up and toilets to and extend the concourse area, so you have the Paddock Gates wide open for eg and enter via the fenced area put further forward, this would give more space and less clogging up near the food areas (burger Vans for eg maybe to help?) The Away end which lets assume is now home only you could do the same, a temporary fenced area pushing out onto the car park to give more outdoor concourse areas and ease access and again with the Lorne Street out onto the bottom of the car park there would add some extra space.

Bycars is the only one with less space but again its not really enclosed spacing there.

I personally dont have a Season Ticket so I dont know if I will get to a game down to the limits on capacity as rightly ST holders get first access so hoping it is 5000-6000 capacity and I can get to some games as normal, I will certainly be there and trust the set up we have now to do all they can to accommodate safely.

Some good ideas there, the temporary fencing bit, extending out onto the car park , is what most clubs do anyway at ht for smoking areas so no additional outlay there.

27 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Some good ideas there, the temporary fencing bit, extending out onto the car , is what most clubs do anyway at ht for smoking areas so no additional outlay there.

Too late to edit the post, should read car park.

19 hours ago, NLVMalc said:

Why assume the worst about Vale/football fans?

Fans will be aware that any poor behaviour might reduce the capacity of the stadium. Poor behaviour or failure to follow the new rules might lead to them as individuals being unable to go to football. That should be a sobering thought.

I’m not assuming the worst. I’m merely pointing out the obvious. 

4 hours ago, valefan16 said:

The only club in all four divisions who could get all our average gate in with only 25% seating capacity allowed bar Coventry at Birmingham.

Archived