onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fans Returning to VP

NLVMalc

Advert

Think there's been lots of discussion on here on this on a few different threads .

Personally I've renewed for myself and my son, although I set the money aside during the season so if I hadn't got the money ready I possibly may of waited.

I decided to get them despite covid because I was financially able to do so , only to support our great owners .

There are so many questions that still folk won't know the answer to. Surely for example we won't go through a turnstile as normal ? I'd expect the big gates opened up and stewards and hopefully an orderly queue. 

Can people take bags in for example any more ? 

Masks may be needed until you are actually in your seat. Not an issue personally speaking. 

Goal celebration and singing will be a big problem and in my view unenforceable. 

It's just an unknown situation and umpteen things will crop up. 

What I have total confidence in is that our club now have leadership and strategies. They will be all over this and preparing accordingly. 

Bring it on 

Very good article.

I really want to renew bit struggling to justify paying the money if games are going to be played behind closed doors.

I appreciate the club do not themselves have all the answers but it would be good to know that any games behind closed doors will result in refunds for fans who need it.

14 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

Very good article.

I really want to renew bit struggling to justify paying the money if games are going to be played behind closed doors.

I appreciate the club do not themselves have all the answers but it would be good to know that any games behind closed doors will result in refunds for fans who need it.

Wondering if it will be some free link up with ifollow or similar so you can watch it live ( not the same as being there ) 

My mate is a lardie, they had the option of a refund, a code giving TV /laptop access or they could donate to charity.

I think we might get a link for home games but then might be able to pay for the away games ? 

I'm only guessing/speculating 

We bought our season tickets on the monthly payment scheme so had committed in January.  What I find quite aggravating about all of this is that you are allowed to get onto an aeroplane, sit right next to someone you have probably never met in your life, and be subject to recirculating breath from everyone else on the plane for several hours.  Yet you are not allowed to sit out in the open air to watch a football match.

At Vale we are fortunate in having such a big ground so distancing should not be an issue but that is all dependent on the co-operation of the fans.  Will the lads who congregate around the gents toilets at the back of the Railway Stand obey instructions?  How many extra stewards/police will we need to enforce the rules?  How can we have one way systems around the stands?  Will it make sense to close the refreshment kiosks?  The logistics of setting up systems to keep to the guidelines are horrendous.

I will be happy to attend if the club can get systems in place and open the ground. 

Saved the money for season ticket for me and my lad and will get them before the deadline,sadly i can still see them extending the no fans in with the infection rate going up but hey ho,like Jean says people are on packed beaches etc,walking around places like Blackpool no masks so why cant we go to football,make us all wear masks if it helps i have no problem with that and i will be happy to attend either way,i have been fortunate enough to work all through covid so makes no difference to me,surely at some point we have got to get back to some sort of normal we cant go on like this forever

Maybe they could:

Do a temporary seating plan using one in five seats plus bubble of two, bubble of three seat groups. Prioritise season ticket holders for nearish their original position or at least best views. Next come 10 game holders and then walk ups. Get those cinema style people with a big tray of pies rather than popcorn to go round at half time, likewise those backpack pump beer dispenser things, thus reducing use of the concourses at half time. Organise snakey style queueing for the bogs with 2 metre gaps.

If that was well stewarded, I think it would be reasonable of the league to let us have attendees. Don’t forget the catering side of things is a pretty important source of income.

2 tickets renewed in April just to support our owners. How could you not after they had spent so much money to save the club from... plus all of the brilliant support they had done in the community during this pandemic. Inspiring stuff and I felt fans owed that much to repay the faith and commitment of the owners.

Personally I don't see why we can't get back to watch football with masks on, close the kiosks to stop fans congregating until a later date when its deemed safe to do so. If I can sit on an aeroplane or go into the Shopping Centre for several hours in enclosed spaces I can't see why I can't sit in an open arena with a mask on.

I hope we can get back in as soon as possible to make VP a fortress again, hopefully for a promotion season!

One of the best proposals I’ve heard of is the suggestion by Shrewsbury to play all the paint pot trophy games first behind closed doors,they’re poorly attended anyway and in the current climate they might as well play them behind closed doors, this way they will use up a few weeks untill nearer the time when fans are allowed in.

One of the best proposals I’ve heard of is the suggestion by Shrewsbury to play all the paint pot trophy games first behind closed doors,they’re poorly attended anyway and in the current climate they might as well play them behind closed doors, this way they will use up a few weeks untill nearer the time when fans are allowed in.

And you get £10,000 for a win which helps with no other income.

Renewed my ticket in May. Would attend if allowed as i don't believe in hiding away from this disease. I have worked right through this pandemic on a chemical plant with 450 other employees. I have recently come back from a foreign holiday and just about completed my isolation period. My biggest fear is that with increasing covid cases is that football will not be allowed to have fans back in grounds. After L1 and L2 clubs have now got there players back from furlough this would cripple most of them and football as we know it could disappear.

The problem the club has at the moment is the government are yet to finalise any guidelines and when they do the EFL have to change their rules on things like away fans allocation and face coverings inside the stadium. All they do know at the moment is 81 people per 500 block of seats will be allowed

I keep riding the deadline out while it's getting extended. Still can't make my mind up both on a financial and safety basis due to having a family member at home going through chemo. If I did purchase one I wouldn't mind missing a few games but who's to say the season wouldn't get cancelled again? I wouldn't ask for a refund because I would be happy knowing the money is in safe hands to help the club but before buying a season ticket with these concerns should I just put it in my savings instead? It's a risk for a lot of people and they need to do a lot of weighing up.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

2 tickets renewed in April just to support our owners. How could you not after they had spent so much money to save the club from... plus all of the brilliant support they had done in the community during this pandemic. Inspiring stuff and I felt fans owed that much to repay the faith and commitment of the owners.

If people can afford it then they definitely deserve as much support as they can get but many have lost their jobs or are worried about if they will have one in 6 months/1 years time and possibly think financial security is more important than football, these are the people who could not. 

We bought our season tickets on the monthly payment scheme so had committed in January.  What I find quite aggravating about all of this is that you are allowed to get onto an aeroplane, sit right next to someone you have probably never met in your life, and be subject to recirculating breath from everyone else on the plane for several hours.  Yet you are not allowed to sit out in the open air to watch a football match.
At Vale we are fortunate in having such a big ground so distancing should not be an issue but that is all dependent on the co-operation of the fans.  Will the lads who congregate around the gents toilets at the back of the Railway Stand obey instructions?  How many extra stewards/police will we need to enforce the rules?  How can we have one way systems around the stands?  Will it make sense to close the refreshment kiosks?  The logistics of setting up systems to keep to the guidelines are horrendous.
I will be happy to attend if the club can get systems in place and open the ground. 

I think that confidence is Supporters will be a big factor in this, and also having update information. Guidance May well change but I think having some information, or the best we can offer is better than no information?

Archived