onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

I know we have offered Maynard a good deal, but could we really afford someone like Pitman.

He wouldn’t move up north I’m afraid

Bogle is interesting, doubtful he would drop to league 2 but worth a punt

It hasn’t quite worked out for him in the championship

There is talk of Ipswich looking to offload James Norwood

Advert

15 minutes ago, vale victory said:

There is talk of Ipswich looking to offload James 

18 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Isn’t Norwood on a reported £8,000 a week not a chance league two clubs would be able to pay that. It’s unlikely now that Maynard will be a Vale player so you’d hope we used what we offered him to try and get another forward of the same Calibre.

15 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Swindon allegedly in for Norwood and Will Greig (so much for no money!). Might release Hope if this came off.

Mitchell Curry is young but it was a major surprise Middlesbrough released him.

Kwame Thomas being touted around league 1 again but we've looked before.

Dominic Samuel thought he had a championship deal but will surely stay at a higher level.

Jordy Hiwula .... might be a shout.

Chris Martin released by Derby is without a club

Can't see many jumping out.

A player who I think will do damage in L2 and think we are the type of club to re-invigorate his career is Devante Cole.  I think he is the type of player we should invest in. He can play 9 or on either wing. Definitely a player who could fit in with our style of play.

I'm sure he is looking for L1 clubs but the type of player who could fall into our lap.

4 minutes ago, MBE said:

A player who I think will do damage in L2 and think we are the type of club to re-invigorate his career is Devante Cole.  I think he is the type of player we should invest in. He can play 9 or on either wing. Definitely a player who could fit in with our style of play.

I'm sure he is looking for L1 clubs but the type of player who could fall into our lap.

6 goals since January 2018. No thanks.

Only had one alright spell at Fleetwood.

1 minute ago, Pennywise said:

6 goals since January 2018. No thanks.

Only had one alright spell at Fleetwood.

Thats why I say he needs to be at a club show him some love, give him some confidence and kick start his career. Peronsally I think playing at a lower level he will be a good goal scorer.

33 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

You would be surprised what we could pay now tbf

There are still players out there who will end up on surprisingly low wages if they dont hurry and get a club

Less than Mansfield would appear to be the answer 😉

I made my thoughts on the Smith deal dragging on quite clear although in fairness that was a different situation to this.
I'm not very impressed when players and agents play clubs off against each other because the time wasted on it interferes with getting a deal done for an alternative player.
We've offered this numbnut a brilliant deal, at a much bigger club than Mansfield, with an enormously positive/happy fanbase and club culture, with a squad of tightknit, happy players, and a 35 minute commute.
If he wants to trade that in for a 2 hour commute to tinpot, financially doped Mansfield, to finish bottom half again for an extra few hundred quid a week then more fool him.
Carol made a point of only wanting players who fit a particular mould. That is, aligned with the qualities and principles of the club. This behaviour so far doesn't seem to match that very well. 

I think you’re partly wrong, that’s what football is all about. He’s 33, this will likely be maybe his last contract, so he’s got to look after himself and family. At the end of the day, if you were offered a similar job from 2 companies... 1 offering more money... the temptation would be fairly favoured to the 1 paying you more and if you could you play the game of bat and ball to get as much as you could.

That’s life!

He’d be a great signing and I think we’ll do way better than Mansfield, their issue is buying big name players and forgetting about togetherness and spirit to win as one. Vale showed last season what a great team we were becoming and will the lions share of the same team, we have a mega chance!

I walked around the pitch yesterday and said to my old man, WHAT A PLACE FOR ANY PLAYER THIS IS, to play at vale park week after week, the stadium is awesome, the facilities are tremendous all round...

We are a big draw team with great player facilities, he will have a lot of thinking to do... is suspect he’ll have a promotion bonus and we’ll be up there!

UTV

Suppose what we have to weigh up is matching the alleged offer from Mansfield against what we think is value for money for a player in the twilight of his career. If we’re going to make a competitive offer here, I’m sure we’ll be able to make a competitive offer to another forward, and what more encouraging, it’s seems that we may have the clout to try and get a player who’s already contracted to another club (like Hallam Hope). If he doesn’t sign tomorrow though, I’d be moving to sign someone else.

Archived