Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

2 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

That other bloke's been doing a few other clubs a few favours for years.

And doing it very well.

Tell that to MK Dons and Aberdeen fans...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

I thought Robinson looked pretty decent when we had him the last time around. He was lacking a bit of match fitness but his second goal for the club was a brilliant finish. I wonder if he's one of those players who if he's happy (and who wouldn't be at Vale) will go on a bit of a run and be a real danger upfront? 

This is a reminder of that second goal:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Watch the league 2 playoffs when he featured. The chances he missed. I remember saying to my wife at the time..”thank god he does not play for Vale anymore” after being sent clean through and somehow managing to blaze it over. 

So he had a game where he missed a load of chances. Big deal. We're not signing Lewandowski. We are League Two Port Vale. The fact that he might need a bunch of chances to convert is why he has always played lower league football. Regardless of that game, his goals to games ratio over the last two seasons is very positive.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If he's genuinely improved so much and been a big part of Colchester team, why didn't they sign him when he came available?

Because they are skint. This is the Colchester side who released a load of senior players in the summer because they couldn't afford them - I doubt they could have got anywhere near his wages.

2 minutes ago, robf said:

Because they are skint. This is the Colchester side who released a load of senior players in the summer because they couldn't afford them - I doubt they could have got anywhere near his wages.

That is true. Colchester appear in big trouble. 

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

Even MK Don's fans would struggle getting motivated playing for them 

Yeah, but you can't ignore my point. He had two dreadful seasons followed by two good ones. Now Theo has joined us, we're ignoring his good seasons. On big wages, Maynard was a risk at 33.

• Like 3

After all the hype of Nicky Maynard, this comes as something of a disappointment but, looking at Theo's scoring record in L2, he's managed 35 in 102 games, so one in three or thereabouts. 

So we'll have to see. 

He won't be the first striker to have come to the Vale with a historically indifferent if not poor strike record.

Edited by CambridgeDon

1 minute ago, Moz said:

Yeah, but you can't ignore my point. He had two dreadful seasons followed by two good ones. Now Theo has joined us, we're ignoring his good seasons. On big wages, Maynard was a risk at 33.

I'm not ignoring it mate.  2 bad seasons in what must be 15.

He would not have been a risk imo.

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

As usual it seems a lot easier to slag our own players off whilst comparing them to players we don’t have. 

Based on some of the players we have had over the years, especially up front that has been very easy! 

• Haha 1

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Joyce

Conlon

Burgess

Worrall

Amoo

Cullen

Subs:

Visser?

Brisley

Mills

Whitehead

Oyeleke

Robinson/Browne

Pope/Robinson

Looks a damn good side and bench to me. If only we could get Mitch back for that left-back spot. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Moz said:

Maynard would have been great, but he's not Messi. He got 14 in 33 last season at Mansfield. Robinson got 11 in 28. Not a lot in it in terms of return, but I suspect Maynard was a lot more expensive.

Robinson's 11 in 28 was actually 11 in 19 starts.  He didn't score in any sub appearances and for none of the sub appearances was he on the field for more than 20 minutes.  I wouldn't mind better his minutes per goal was actually better than Maynard's but I can't be bothered to work it out!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Brown

Gibbons

Smith

Legge

Montano

Joyce

Conlon

Burgess

Worrall

Amoo

Cullen

Subs:

Visser?

Brisley

Mills

Whitehead

Oyeleke

Robinson/Browne

Pope/Robinson

Looks a damn good side and bench to me. If only we could get Mitch back for that left-back spot. 

Reading this thread is making me bipolar. I look at the above and think, oh great...we missed out on a definite starter to someone not even guaranteed a place in the bench (and that’s meant to be from someone who thinks it’s a great signing). To the below when I think, ooh that looks tasty. 

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Robinson's 11 in 28 was actually 11 in 19 starts.  He didn't score in any sub appearances and for none of the sub appearances was he on the field for more than 20 minutes.  I wouldn't mind better his minutes per goal was actually better than Maynard's but I can't be bothered to work it out!

But then I’m all...if he was scoring so frequently, why did they put him on the bench for a third of his games?