Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

If he's genuinely improved so much and been a big part of Colchester team, why didn't they sign him when he came available?

How do you know they didn't? And if they didn't there's a hundred reasons why they either wouldn't or couldn't which is no slight on him as a player or how he did for them. 

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

If he's genuinely improved so much and been a big part of Colchester team, why didn't they sign him when he came available?

Money apparently , or he didn't want to play for them anymore ?

Some quotes from Colchester fans

"Just moved them above us in my (constantly changing) league Two prediction. They have fantastic options in attack"

"Top Player, will score goals. Hopefully we can have him back when his contracts up with you"

• Like 3

significant cash issues
Fair dos, didn't realise they were in a state.

For what its worth I think it will be an OK signing. He just isn't what I think any of us wanted and I can't see him starting over Cullen.

Just now, eh up nah said:

Feels a bit Desperado to me

I'd got him in the same group as callum willock, Calvin andrew and nathan lowndes.

Let's hope he does a Calvin andrew at rochdale type transformation 

Underwhelmed 

Since when did any of those you mentioned score nearly 20 goals in not much over 40 games while on loan recently at two clubs?!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Some quotes from Colchester fans

"Just moved them above us in my (constantly changing) league Two prediction. They have fantastic options in attack"

"Top Player, will score goals. Hopefully we can have him back when his contracts up with you"

That’s good to hear. I’m not as underwhelmed as I was reading some opinions here. I’m just whelmed. 

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Cullen's overall record wasn't any better when he signed for us and I don't recall people crying over him signing

That's because no one has had to watch him in person playing for 1/3rd of a season, scoring 2 goals and winning only 4 games. 

Obviously I hope he does really well. Given the circumstances I can't subscribe to the blind optimism though. Especially because it wasn't like he was a youth loan here just a few years ago, he'll be 32 in January. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

That's because no one has had to watch him in person playing for 1/3rd of a season, scoring 2 goals and winning only 4 games. 

Obviously I hope he does really well. Given the circumstances I can't subscribe to the blind optimism though. Especially because it wasn't like he was a youth loan here just a few years ago, he'll be 32 in January. 

Maynard is older but most people had no issue with that. Robinson is clearly a late bloomer as his record lately is far better than it was some years back.

At the end of the day Swindon wanted to keep him and so did Colchester, two clubs he was on loan at. That suggests to me that he's very much a player that will offer something.

Edited by TylerB
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Do you hope he does well though ,really ? hes a younger player than Maynard who wants to play for us , and  has about the same goal ratio per match as him last season . ill give the lad a chance and cheer him on while you miserable types look on wanting Vale to fail

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Maynard is older but most people had no issue with that. Robinson is clearly a late bloomer as his record lately is far better than it was some years back.

At the end of the day Swindon wanted to keep him and so did Colchester, two clubs he was on loan at. That suggests to me that he s a player that will offer something.

I hope so. Perhaps I'm underwhelmed because I've just been given the keys to a Vauxhall Astra I used to own when alternatively that Jim Bowen bastrd was dangling a new speedboat at me. 

• Haha 1

Just now, valeblue said:

Do you hope he does well though ,really ? h... . ill give the lad a chance and cheer him on while you miserable types look on wanting Vale to fail

:laugh:

Get in the sea, clown. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clearly, after all the hype, many will feel underwhelmed and a bit disappointed.  Me too. Maynard is a proven goalscorer, though not getting any younger.

Robinson was not very impressive the last time he was here but - and it's a big but - he clearly wasn't match fit and I don't think ever completed 90 minutes. Occasionally he came on as a very late sub. You could see he was a bit laboured. I haven't checked but I'd imagine half of those 14 appearances years ago didn't last much more than 10 minutes.

I'm with valeblue. You make a good point. Robinson wants to come here, Maynard doesn't. We can't do anything about that. We're Port Vale not Man City.

At 31 Theo should be at his peak and there's a few years mileage from him left on the clock.

Let's hope he surprises one or two and scores a few goals. I have a feeling that he might just do that. 

• Like 3