Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

1 hour ago, robf said:

Doesn't look like the Welsh non-league duo will be joining - 

Strangest June ever. No sightings of players, rumours or preseason friendlies to look forward to. 

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

And following that theme.....which Vale players have played football in the football season and cricket in the summer?  One for the oldies I'm guessing, since it doesn't happen any more....

Ian Buxton, midfielder who played cricket for Derbyshire. Scored on his debut for us in December 1969. Remember him as an elegant player. Those were the days.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, JRC said:

Strangest June ever. No sightings of players, rumours or preseason friendlies to look forward to. 

It is also usually say anything from 14th to 25th June when the fixtures are released and we are all looking forward and making plans ( such as a weekend in Plymouth last game of the season 😂

3 minutes ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Joel Grant from Plymouth...

Sting told me this is a done deal. Sting i assume is watching. God speed.

Good scoring record (1 in 6ish), plays winger or wide forward in a three. Used to play for crewe.

He is a bit old at 32, can’t see it myself.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Good scoring record (1 in 6ish), plays winger or wide forward in a three. Used to play for crewe.

He is a bit old at 32, can’t see it myself.

I could see him as the 4th striker. Does he still own a house locally from his time at Crewe? 

Being able to play all 3 positions in the front 3 would have quite a lot of value in our squad. 

I could see him as the 4th striker. Does he still own a house locally from his time at Crewe? 
Being able to play all 3 positions in the front 3 would have quite a lot of value in our squad. 

Be good move for him, his wife is from Sneyd green
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2020 at 15:24, Shropshire_Valiant said:

We must have some scouting network in the Welsh leagues as we took Rawlinson(although he turned out relatively average) and if we're now linked with these other 2.

Unfortunately I think that’s the wrong place to look. The Welsh league has fallen a long way in recent years. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Askey saying he wants to sign 5 or 6 in the "Summer" (or whenever the period before next season is!) - Sentinel

There are good options in most positions he wants to strengthen who would at the very least improve the squad:

Goalkeeper .. quite a few

Rightback .. loads some of whom have also played regulatly in a second role

Centrehalf.. quite a few

Midfield .. quite a few

There are a few decent utility type forwards available who can play wide or through the middle:

McCartan, Nouble, McKirdy, Grant

He'll want at least one player who can lead the line and these type of players are all getting offered terms by their clubs. Will these options all end up staying put because teams can't sign players until the league give a restart date? They have 30 days to sign contracts where they are or to risk no getting paid. That central striker is likely to be the most important position we fill this summer and also the most difficult. I don't see anyone better in that role than Bennett in the released lists and I think we need an upgrade on Bennett to reach the next level. Even Macclesfield have offered terms to their better centreforward and they are in deep financial trouble.

I was a bit surprised to see that Macc released their number 7 Arthur Gnahoua.

I know it's dangerous to sign players on the basis of them having good games against you but is he worth a look?

MOTM against us last season at their place and the first touch and finish for his goal was very good.

13 minutes ago, Santa said:

I know it's dangerous to sign players on the basis of them having good games against you but is he worth a look?

MOTM against us last season at their place and the first touch and finish for his goal was very good.

I was more surprised that Fiarce Kelleher is being held to his contract extension... They must have selectively paid him so he couldn't walk away. 

He would be my clear number 1 choice should Smith leave.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Santa said:

I too was impressed with him - in both games. He looked energetic and was always looking for the ball.

I haven't looked him up but I imagine he's had a few clubs and would be classed as a journeyman but he would certainly be worth a shout I think. Made a good impression on me.

1 hour ago, JRC said:

He'll want at least one player who can lead the line and these type of players are all getting offered terms by their clubs. Will these options all end up staying put because teams can't sign players until the league give a restart date? They have 30 days to sign contracts where they are or to risk no getting paid. That central striker is likely to be the most important position we fill this summer and also the most difficult. I don't see anyone better in that role than Bennett in the released lists and I think we need an upgrade on Bennett to reach the next level. Even Macclesfield have offered terms to their better centreforward and they are in deep financial trouble.

I suppose one way of looking at it is - if there are no free agents who can fill the central striker role then perhaps there could be a bid for a contracted player (if funds allow)? I guess the Man City money may help for any transfer fee although if clubs are looking to offload I guess they may not even want a fee and will simply be happy for a mutual end of contract to lower the wage bill.

After all, if other clubs are struggling financially and releasing players to save money then doesn't the logic go that some will be happy to release some players who were given lengthy contracts before this crisis kicked off, so they can reduce the wage bill?

Will Joe B have to extend his spreadsheet to include all contracted players worth a cheeky Vale bid?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Santa said:

I am probably wrong but i think we might be something in this. I am quite sure I have seen him training with Monty, Amoo, Brown and our ex player Vassell during lockdown. Then again they all could just be mates!

16 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

Out the ones macclesfield have released I like the look of Charles cook as a keeper excellent shot stopper. Nathan Cameron is a good centre half he may have been at bury aswell when Pope was. 

Cameron riddled with injuries hence he was at Macc.

I might be wrong Andy but are we just remembering his worldie game against us for Coventry ? To end up at Macc and then be released is quite a fall from grace.

• Fosse69 changed the title to Transfer Rumours Pre-Season