Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

I honestly despair with some Vale fans... Is it bred into our DNA that we have to seek out negativity???? As I'm typing this, we've have just launched the nicest football strip I can remember, desig

Posted Images

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Not that many on here tbf,you seemed to be on a one man mission

Check twitter. Loads read the same as me, which suggests the communications were, at best, vague. 

It's not a big deal, I understand, but I don't think I was the only one to read it the way it was presented.

Fans have been on about 'announcing Maynard' all day.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Kit is a thing of beauty. 

I've got a feeling maybe Maynard turned down our offer which would be a blow. A striker and left back is still very much needed as is a back up keeper.

I have faith in Askey and co though and no doubt they are working hard behind the scenes to bring someone in. 

If Maynard is signing Vale will want to make a big thing about it. Professional video etc. I'm sure we'll know by Monday night.

Just now, JRC said:

If Maynard is signing Vale will want to make a big thing about it. Professional video etc. I'm sure we'll know by Monday night.

Hopefully so, I'm just an idiot for reading the tweets wrong and getting excited.

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've got a feeling maybe Maynard turned down our offer which would be a blow.

Maybe but I would bear in mind this is a big decision for a player. It's perhaps his final move before retirement so he may just want to take his time making a decision. I don't suppose any of us will be that bothered that he didn't sign at exactly 5pm on Friday if say he is announced next Monday instead. 

• Like 2

Not that many on here tbf,you seemed to be on a one man mission
There were loads that read it in that way too. As amazing as the kit is, it is nothing to be overly excited about as was stated on the tweets. However its been and gone now.

Lets move forwards and see what new signings may come.

I'm sorry but I'm with Joe.

Tideswell has had a mare there.

To think that the guy he was replying to was wetting himself with excitement over a kit is absolutely incredible. 

I have to say I think he knew what he was doing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

There were loads that read it in that way too. As amazing as the kit is, it is nothing to be overly excited about as was stated on the tweets. However its been and gone now.

Lets move forwards and see what new signings may come.

Thanks for reassuring me (despite what others claimed) that our Communications Directors 'hints' were, at best, a tad vague and could have easily be construed as linking to the player clearly mentioned in the tweet he was responding to.

Thought I was going mad.

We move on. Hope for good news soon.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hopefully so, I'm just an idiot for reading the tweets wrong and getting excited.

Not really an idiot. We all try to read between the lines during a transfer window, get our hopes up and get them dashed. Its like a roller coaster which is what makes it fun. Where you went off the deep end a little was having a pop at Tideswell, for doing his job and hyping the kit launch. There are 5000 other Vale fans trying to read the runes about Maynard; or another striker.

• Like 1

The tweet was about the new kit, someone asked about a singing of a player which he replied watch this space. Martin did the right thing neither denied or confirmed it. What more is he supposed to do?He will be an asset to the club.

Patience and we will sign the player(s) we need.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 1

Just now, MBE said:

The tweet was about the new kit, someone asked about a singing of a player which he replied watch this space.

Martin did the right thing neither denied or confirmed it. What more is he supposed to do?

He will be an asset to the club.

I want to drop this but this isn't true at all. The tweet mentioned Maynard fairly clearly.

But as people have said, we move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1