Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

9 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Hopefully Bowers holds his hands up and considering he is meant to be ' in the know ' he actually knows Jack S**t and is stealing a living.

To think that he can go to the games and I can't is quite galling 

Get qualifications in sports journalism and apply for a job on local radio. If you can do all that then you will have the same privilege has P B.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

People make me laugh on this website , slagging a player off who wants to play for port Vale while lording over Maynard who doesn't . Seen his you tube interview where he states he and the club are in

Posted Images

9 hours ago, GingerValiant said:

What a nasty piece of work you are. You do realise he is human and people can get things wrong? How do you know he’s stealing a living? He’s got a vast amount of knowledge about not only Vale but football in general. Totally unnecessary to abuse him, get a grip.

Wow I've really upset the natives. 

It's not abuse its a personal opinion that he is a poor commentator. Others have agreed one called it inane . There were a few comments on the Blackpool game where at times the chit chat was bordering on cringeworthy. 

I've seen derogatory comments about McKirdy, Robinson and numerous others but I find the reaction to my comment as really OTT. 

The problem on here is that if you aren't one of the' in crowd ' and offer something that doesn't pander then you get slated.

One of our esteemed posters who everybody looks up to and puts on a pedestal criticised a well known football pundit in derogatory fashion but that's okay.

There is no personal abuse of Bowers it's a personal opinion that most things Radio Stoke are dreadful. John Acres is the exception. 

As a journalist and someone close to the club with sources if Bowers, Baguley or Tideswell ( Maynard rumours) are putting it out there that they are a million per cent then to me that is poor journalism.

Vale1995 became quite a figure of fun on here yet he even got the shirt number correct too .

I'll apologise to Mr Bowers if he feels it's personal abuse, it certainly isn't, it is a personal opinion and I'm not the only one who doesn't toe the line and think his commentary is great. 

Him being a Vale fan has no bearing on that opinion. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

He has asked to speak to you directly via twitter. 

I would suggest it would be the right thing to take him up on the offer and chat to him man to man.

Thoughts?

A86A76FB-35A4-43C4-B426-6F560A6C52AA.jpeg

Its easy to abuse people on here,i very much doubt that the person in question would have the balls to meet PB face to face

For me, bowers got it wrong with mckirdy and held his hands up straight away both on here and Twitter. 

As far as commentators him and acres are the only decent ones on radio stoke imo. Give me bowers over bloody blakeman any day!

i will agree with Darren on one point though and it’s one I regularly make on here that people don’t like. If you don’t follow the crowd or a couple of esteemed posters on here your shot down and laughed at. As with vale1995 loads of you were laughing and making snide comments and the info was spot on, correct deal and even correct shirt number. Seen a couple say fair enough and apologies which is great, but typically more of these sarcy posters have failed to comment on it since. - you know who you are. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

For me, bowers got it wrong with mckirdy and held his hands up straight away both on here and Twitter. 

As far as commentators him and acres are the only decent ones on radio stoke imo. Give me bowers over bloody blakeman any day!

i will agree with Darren on one point though and it’s one I regularly make on here that people don’t like. If you don’t follow the crowd or a couple of esteemed posters on here your shot down and laughed at. As with vale1995 loads of you were laughing and making snide comments and the info was spot on, correct deal and even correct shirt number. Seen a couple say fair enough and apologies which is great, but typically more of these sarcy posters have failed to comment on it since. - you know who you are. 

Didn't even know Bowers was a poster on here. 

So if you read this it was not meant as personal abuse , if you feel that way I apologise. It was meant as my personal opinion. I felt that when you are so close to the club as with Mr Tideswell you can't put quotes of a million per cent without cast iron certainty . I understand journalism, particularly football is based on rumours and Chinese whispers but as already alluded the poster on here was getting vilified and mocked and yet was bang on the money.

I apologise if you feel it was personal abuse . I've spoken to you a few times and in particular to your colleague Rob at the radio station. 

Well darren seems you have upset the applecart ,, also seems people can also have a go at you (dont care who is right n wrong) and its their right for opinion yet call you down for having yours.. radio stoke does get a lot of criticism over the years from many fans same with managers like page,aspin  (remember defending aspin whilst in the away at oldham as he mocked his voice)...opinions makes the game go around some cross the line some right some wrong eitherway you are entitled to what you think shame others dont allow this... you stated your reason n thoughts and im sure if you 2 guys get a room it will be fun listening at the door (-:

you are right though their is an elitism with regards to some posters, perhaps you got the attention they crave --who know stay safe everyone and lets enjoy the game day and make it as normal as poss

• Like 2

A decent bet that.

I'm hopeful of a top seven finish. Keeping Oyeleke fit might be key.

My only slight worry is I'm not sure if we have enough goalscorers in the team but then as a life long Vale supporter my glass is nearly always half empty!

There is an optimistic air about the place under new owners and we have got the best squad we've had for a while. Fingers crossed.

And once Pope's physicality and aerial power is added to the ranks, even if not on a regular basis any longer, we have a lot of options.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mario said:

How do you know other clubs weren't interested ? 

You have to trust Askey in his team building.

I didn't say other clubs weren't interested.  He had an offer from elsewhere I believe.  And I do trust Askey - where have I said I don't???

Looked like Phil heard we were definitely  signing the other winger from Carlisle which then fell through at the last moment. At the time of posting that was what he believed was happening and he reported as such. Just what we want him to do and in the past has asked the questions fans want him to ask and got in trouble with Radio Stoke and the Vale for doing so .  Keep up the good work.          Phil Bowers, he's one of our own.

• Like 2

Its a shame we Taylor and Sproson didnt think this early doors as not sure we would have room now in the squad.

I noticed that McLean has scored in his last 2 newcastle games,i think it is worth a gamble to try get him in(faster than Rodney i am told) for Sinclair to work with and then who knows

9 hours ago, werstayinup said:

Its a shame we Taylor and Sproson didnt think this early doors as not sure we would have room now in the squad.

I noticed that McLean has scored in his last 2 newcastle games,i think it is worth a gamble to try get him in(faster than Rodney i am told) for Sinclair to work with and then who knows

Neither of these look to be an option now. Garlick pretty much said that's us done after we signed McKirdy.

• Like 1