Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

7 minutes ago, GingerValiant said:

What a nasty piece of work you are. You do realise he is human and people can get things wrong? How do you know he’s stealing a living? He’s got a vast amount of knowledge about not only Vale but football in general. Totally unnecessary to abuse him, get a grip.

Really ?

He's garbage

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

People make me laugh on this website , slagging a player off who wants to play for port Vale while lording over Maynard who doesn't . Seen his you tube interview where he states he and the club are in

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I don't really get this notion that McKirdy is a gamble. 11 goals and 7 assist from out wide for crappy Carlisle last season - I don't really care if he murders people in his spare time if he gets those sort of numbers for us. He winds opposition players and fans up. So what? Teams love that kind of player when he's pulling on your shirt. We all know full well that Askey wouldn't have gone near him if he didn't think he could get the lad to roll his socks up a bit. So let's embrace a brilliant signing and a very good transfer window which is without a doubt the best we have had for a number of years.

They're all gambles at the end of the day.  Bolton have signed Doyle based on is time at Swindon but they could end up with the player who played for Bradford.  The slight worry with McKirdy is that we've all read about, and don't want a repeat of, his antics at Carlisle, where, for whatever reason, he fell out with a section of the home support.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I don't really get this notion that McKirdy is a gamble. 11 goals and 7 assist from out wide for crappy Carlisle last season - I don't really care if he murders people in his spare time if he gets those sort of numbers for us. He winds opposition players and fans up. So what? Teams love that kind of player when he's pulling on your shirt. We all know full well that Askey wouldn't have gone near him if he didn't think he could get the lad to roll his socks up a bit. So let's embrace a brilliant signing and a very good transfer window which is without a doubt the best we have had for a number of years.

I don’t doubt for one minute that McKirdy has bags of ability. The reason why this is seen as a risk is that we were two days before the season started before he got fixed up. Clubs should have been falling over themselves at our level to sign him. Let’s hope he’s learnt a few lessons. 

• Like 1

TBF mate, are you any good at presenting and commentating on a Game of football with potentially thousands listening to you.
Easy to criticise, but I wouldn't dream of criticising you at your job, as I'd prob be crap at it.

Hopefully Bowers holds his hands up and considering he is meant to be ' in the know ' he actually knows Jack S**t and is stealing a living.
To think that he can go to the games and I can't is quite galling 

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Really ?

He's garbage

Honestly pal, you're a disgrace. He's a bloke who's one of us, does a decent job and cares about the club. So, he got a rumour wrong. Who cares? Stop being such a Smurthwaite.

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Hopefully Bowers holds his hands up and considering he is meant to be ' in the know ' he actually knows Jack S**t and is stealing a living.

You showed your arse with this post too. What the hell do you do for a living? Stick it on here and I'll happily critique you. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

He has asked to speak to you directly via twitter. 

I would suggest it would be the right thing to take him up on the offer and chat to him man to man.

Thoughts?

A86A76FB-35A4-43C4-B426-6F560A6C52AA.jpeg

Edited by Iron Curtain
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don’t doubt for one minute that McKirdy has bags of ability. The reason why this is seen as a risk is that we were two days before the season started before he got fixed up. Clubs should have been falling over themselves at our level to sign him. Let’s hope he’s learnt a few lessons. 

How do you know other clubs weren't interested ? 

You have to trust Askey in his team building.

Bowers is worth 1000x Blakemans. He's a Vale fan, and has posted on here for a very, very long time. 

Bit harsh. If you're going to target someone at RS I can think of about four other names who actually deserve it!  :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Moz said:

Stop being such a Smurthwaite.

Ooh I like this. 

• Like 4

Seriously, Bowers needs wrapping in cotton wool. He's been the only normal on local radio for the last 20 years.

George Andrews, Blakeman, Foghorn Gleghorn, Acres, that one who got plssed live on air on her last day. They're all extras off Phoenix Nights! 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 3

TBF to Phil I heard it was Nathan Thomas we were signing until he changed his mind and we got in McKirdy instead.  But anyway we still ended up with a decent player who has the ability to change a game, I just hope he cuts out the histrionics to the crowd and officials and the awful diving around. That’s what I don’t like about him, but that’s just me. One thing his signing does is add competition and options for the management to consider. On a footballing level that can only be a good thing. 

Edited by PV1973

5 hours ago, TylerB said:

I suspect McKirdy may not be the gamble signing Askey mentioned in his interview a couple of days back. He doesn’t really meet the description Askey gave. Things change quickly in football. It may well be that;

The player Askey thought he was signing got cold feet.

The other player was under 24 and we couldn't agree a fee.

McKirdy significantly lowered his wage expectations. With the salary cap he has probably had to settle for whatever Browne was on and he wasn't a big earner.

McKirdy only really counts as a gamble because of what happened off the pitch at Carlisle. Not sure how much development there is with a winger who turns 24 this season. There is certainly no chance of selling him on as he is out of contract and over 24 at the end of the season.

Understand if your disappointed you can't go to games but Phil Bowers is a Vale fan and works for radio Stoke. He's also human. 

For all radio stokes faults they do try. They bring in guest commentary to freshen up. 

Phil got it wrong, it's a guessing game and these 'sources' can be completely off the mark. He admitted he got it wrong - so what. Let's just enjoy the fact we've had one of our best ever transfer Windows and the squads in a really rock solid place. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Emile said:

Understand if your disappointed you can't go to games but Phil Bowers is a Vale fan and works for radio Stoke. He's also human. 

For all radio stokes faults they do try. They bring in guest commentary to freshen up. 

Phil got it wrong, it's a guessing game and these 'sources' can be completely off the mark. He admitted he got it wrong - so what. Let's just enjoy the fact we've had one of our best ever transfer Windows and the squads in a really rock solid place. 

To be fair he was smug when he said it was 100% not McKirdy, like a lot on here who think because they are close to the club and think they know more than us mere mortals !! 

• Like 1