onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Wasn't it rumoured on here that we had all but signed McKirdy earlier in the summer, only for Askey to pull the plug over concerns due to his attitude?

I think we will end up signing him based on that interview with Askey from the Sentinel. Seems like an absolute bell but there's no doubting his ability as a high level league 2 winger. I guess time will tell.

Advert

10 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

No one remember him v Crewe when he should have walked the little tw4t.? Yep, he’d do ok for us. 

I certainly do, he was goading the Vale fans big time! Lucky fans were not on the pitch after him tbh.

Got edge and ability from what I saw then.

I trust John Askey, he won't tolerate clowns or slackers. If he's OK for John, he's OK for Vale imo.

A lot of you seem to be wilfully ignoring the fact that Carlisle fans in fact didn’t “love him” for being a tosser. He actually had running arguments with some of them during games! It’s all over their local news sites and fans forum. 

I don’t want another delusional narcissist like Burge. If Askey can handle him then fine but everything about McKirdy screams disruption and attention seeking. 

This gesture was towards his own fans only a few weeks after signing! 

10867514?type=responsive-gallery-fullscr

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

A lot of you seem to be wilfully ignoring the fact that Carlisle fans in fact didn’t “love him” for being a tosser. He actually had running arguments with some of them during games! It’s all over their local news sites and fans forum. 

I don’t want another delusional narcissist like Burge. If Askey can handle him then fine but everything about McKirdy screams disruption and attention seeking. 

Probably thought he was still big time because he came from Villa. Now he has had a full season in league 2 and realising his antics have had a knock on effect that no clubs have offered him a contract, he might have changed his ways. Also, if his family live in Stoke, he won’t want to $hit on his own doorstep. That’s my optimistic view anyway 😄

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

At the end of the day, it’s now or never for him. He’s worth the risk. 

Personally I don’t think he is worth the risk. I’m not that bothered about his diving on the field. I’d prefer he didn’t but that’s not the issue. 

As doha has posted he isn’t liked at all by previous clubs. He’s not that kind of player you hate until he plays for your club and then then everyone loves him. He’s not a liked person and is a real bad egg in the changing rooms. 

Personally id move away from him given his history. We aren’t in a position where we have to look at players like this. 

Clearly if we sign him askey must think he has or has the potential to change his attitude. If he can change he would be an excellent addition. Still for me we have a good group of lads and this might be too big a risk for the sake of one player. We don’t want another lunatic like burge. 

This isn’t a player who you can compare to Anthony grant because grant goes down easily and wins free kicks. IMO McKirdy plays the game in entirely the wrong spirit, its not only his outrageous diving, but his antics when things don’t go his way towards the crowd, fellow players and fans. That stuff really rubs me up the wrong way. This also isn’t a player who all of a sudden became a big time Charlie because he thinks he was a big fish in a little pond at Carlisle. I’ve come across him at school, town, academy and pro levels and he has been no different in how he “plays” the game, he has always had that attitude about him. Will he have really changed in the last 6 months? Maybe Askey will think he will tow the line if he signs? I hope so because bad news about players attitudes travels fast between players and managers and he may not have many chances thrown his way if he doesn’t change. 

29 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

Some ridiculous posts on here, he's a good player get him in ! 

Once signed its up to the manger make him tow the line ,   

That’s the ridiculous post mate. What’s the point in signing someone who could potentially ruin the spirit in the dressing room? He is a bad influence and a <ovf censored> on the pitch. (And off). There are other good players out there and potentially loans as well. Unless askey is convinced re his attitude id stay well clear. 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s the ridiculous post mate. What’s the point in signing someone who could potentially ruin the spirit in the dressing room? He is a bad influence and a <ovf censored> on the pitch. (And off). There are other good players out there and potentially loans as well. Unless askey is convinced re his attitude id stay well clear. 

We are fans , how do you know he could ruin the spirit, how do you know what happens in the Vale dressing room ?  How do you know he is a bad influence , because you have read it or someone like yourself has created a fanciful post and has tried to past it on as gospel ! Get yourself down the games and support the team ,  leave the decisions to the professionals ! 🙂        

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Archived