Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

8 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Whilst I respect your opinion, it’s be interesting to see how we faired if a mic was stuck in front of us and we were expected to commentate and produce a radio show.

but were not paid to!

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

People make me laugh on this website , slagging a player off who wants to play for port Vale while lording over Maynard who doesn't . Seen his you tube interview where he states he and the club are in

Posted Images

I've no idea how he'll perform for us, I know it won't be boring, I also know he was leading scorer last season at Carlisle, so it's good we are getting proven lads in, knocking him before he plays because of his socks and hair is just a little silly in my opinion, what's that got to do with the way he plays ?

Also saying that you have spoken to him and  he doesn't want to play for the Vale is just plain ludicrous, trying to set the supporters against the Lad before he's kicked a ball is unfortunate why would you do that ?, Fortunately the more sensible amongst us will  support him and wish him success for the coming season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So given the McKirdy signing and with a fit Oyeleke how does this look for our strongest starting eleven.....

.............................................................................Brown............................................................................

Gibbons...................................Legge............................................Smith.......................................Montano

......................................Oyeleke...........................Joyce................................Conlon...................................

.........................McKirdy......................................Cullen/Robinson..............................Worrall......................

Obviously the build from the back foundation of the Legge/Smith partnership with Joyce sat infront and Brown between the sticks and up top the rotation of Cullen and Robinson but the key is the left and right triangles of Gibbons/Oyeleke/McKirdy on the right and Montano/Conlon/Worrall on the left.

Don’t forget Rodney. From what I’ve seen so far he pushes Robinson and Cullen all the way. 

When is the last time we had such a strong squad? I always thought last season even before a ball was kicked that our first 11 was as good as anyone else's outside perhaps a few teams. But with two or three injuries there would be a big drop in quality. We don't have that problem now. Even Amoo who was pretty much a guaranteed starter when fit previously will have to really fight for his place once he returns from injury, and certainly doesn't walk back into the side. Tom Pope has gone from one of the first names on the team-sheet to probably a bit part player. That's no disrespect to him, he'll score goals when he's 40 and and has more hair on his nutsack than on his head as long as he gets decent service. But age is catching up with him, and Robinson and Cullen are two great other options to have, as is Rodney who clearly has a lot of potential to fulfil. 

To think we might start the season with players like McKirdy, Oyeleke, Cullen and Mills on the bench. It's a testament to the job Sir John and the wonderful owners are doing. It's just a shame that these positive vibes throughout the club are clashing with a global pandemic and people aren't able to enjoy it as much as they should be, and truly show the support the players and staff deserve. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, andy jones said:

Jean .. once a Headmistress always a Headmistress. ... Pull those socks up boy !!!
I think you said the same to Danny Sonner. Lol
Good job Ron 'nutter' Futcher didn't go your school he would never have got out of the naughty corner!!

The above will only mean something to those who have reached a certain age.

Let's hope we all get back inside Vale Park soon and have the opportunity of actually seeing this new squad play.

I am off to watch an FA Cup match tomorrow Leek Town v Sporting Khalsa in the Preliminary qualifying round. 400 capacity being allowed in a 2,000 seater stadium only about 20 tickets left online booking if you fancy watching footie as it should be (whilst keeping an eye on proceedings at Vale Park)

Up the Vale

Dave, I was never a headmistress.  You're mixing me up with some incompetent a***licker!

• Like 1

Pleased with the McKirdy signing,I remember watching him against was it Dulwich Hamlet in a televised cup match and thinking he was the kind of player we needed, it's up to him now at 23 to carve a career out for himself, if he hits the ground running the Vale crowd will love him.

I also thought as the week dragged on that the club maybe looking at the finances with Covid not doing the decent thing and going away, and would try and save a salary, so once again more thanks to Carol, it seems to me she is just as competitive as any owner in the football league  without being unrealistic and wants to be as competitive as possible.  

• Like 6

.............................................................................Brown............................................................................

Gibbons...................................Legge............................................Smith.......................................Montano

......................................Oyeleke...........................Joyce................................Conlon...................................

.........................McKirdy......................................Cullen/Robinson..............................Worrall......................

............................Hurst.................................Pope/Rodney.................................Amoo................................

................................................Trickett-Smith..................Whitehead.............Burgess....................................

Fitzpatrick......................................Crooke................................Brisley...................................................Mills

....................................................................................Visser.........................................................................

Not to forget Cambell-Gordon who will no doubt go out on loan to get game time and experience but just saying if Calsberg did balanced squads.....Top work Mr Askey.

• Like 4

Personally i think this is a cracking signing,to sign a fellow league 2 teams best player speaks volumes for how far we have come,yes we hear about his attitude and antics etc but i am certain Askey will have done his homework on him and his background,he doesnt stand someone who will unsettle a dressing room so we will see.

How strong is our squad now though,far stronger than last season.

• Like 2

Just looking at that first team with the diamond of Joyce infront of the legge and Smith partnership and Brown in goals then the rotation of Cullen and Robinson upfront and thinking that right triangle of Gibbons/Oyeleke/McKirdy and that left triangle of Montano/Conlon/Worrall which is the stronger side?

That nominal second eleven with a back four of Mills/Brisley/Crooke/Fitzpatrick and Viser in goals but also a midfield of Burgess/Whitehead/Trickett-Smith but also with the pace of Hurst/Rodney/Amoo and Pope to come on is itself a strong side.