Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

People make me laugh on this website , slagging a player off who wants to play for port Vale while lording over Maynard who doesn't . Seen his you tube interview where he states he and the club are in

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought Thomas played well when he came on for Carlisle last season at VP.

With respect, I could genuinely list 100 players over the past 2 or 3 seasons who've had a decent game against us, but I'd be lucky if I picked 10 of them that I'd be happy to sign.

The amount of players over the years I've seen opposition fans moan about, I've checked up their profiles and 99% have scored 1 goal all season and shock horror, it's against Vale. 

1 minute ago, Jacko51 said:

£20million for a guy who has already played for England must be a good deal for Newcastle then?

Great signing that. I really like Wilson and couldn't of picked a better club for him to join. Expecting him, Jamal Lewis and Ryan Fraser to really impress you and the other Newcastle supporters.

13 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I thought Thomas played well when he came on for Carlisle last season at VP.

"Vale went for the winner but it was by no means one-way traffic as from the seventy minute mark Carlisle began to threaten in a serious way, most notably down their left in the form of loanee Thomas, who suddenly became unplayable."

With respect, I could genuinely list 100 players over the past 2 or 3 seasons who've had a decent game against us, but I'd be lucky if I picked 10 of them that I'd be happy to sign.
The amount of players over the years I've seen opposition fans moan about, I've checked up their profiles and 99% have scored 1 goal all season and shock horror, it's against Vale. 

I’d be quite happy with Nathan Thomas

2 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

I’d be quite happy with Nathan Thomas

When you've got Harry McKirdy already sat in the palm of your hand? No thanks. Both would be gambles. One for personality reasons and the other because we're hoping he will even be any good. Rather go for the undoubted ability and trust Askey to iron out any lingering doubts over attitude and application. We'll see what develops this week anyway.

14 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

I’m indifferent as I know nothing about him, although most fans seem quick to be unhappy with anyone we sign anyway. I’m just making the observation that he played well when he came on, nothing more, he offered a different kind of threat to mckirdy and it took a little while for our full backs to get to grips with him and he made a difference for a short while and they were on top.

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Nathan Thomas would be ridiculously underwhelming.

Nathan Thomas is a good player. He was allegedly on 10k a week at Sheffield. I don't see him coming because we need wingers who can score and he's not really prolific. He's more of an out and out wide player. Also he doesn't travel well, or allegedly,  his wife doesn't. 

Rowe, Thomas definitely and possibly McKirdy are all looking at possible pay cuts. I suspect location would therefore be a factor for all 3. That would probably make Rowe and McKirdy to be more likely. 

39 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I can see Danny Rowe happening - Askey has worked with him before and we all know he loves those signings.

Rowe would need months to get fit. Great player but I can't see it. 

We've got to remember that the new winger is coming in to replace what was basically our back up. If it is Thomas, then we will have quite an upgrade on Browne imo, and he would be challenging Amoo for the starting position. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

Rowe would need months to get fit. Great player but I can't see it. 

We've got to remember that the new winger is coming in to replace what was basically our back up. If it is Thomas, then we will have quite an upgrade on Browne imo, and he would be challenging Amoo for the starting position. 

Exactly this. I don't know what some people are expecting. Thomas would be a very good player to have in the squad. He's more than capable at this level and would definitely seem an improvement on Browne. His signing makes more sense than McKirdy in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Exactly this. I don't know what some people are expecting. Thomas would be a very good player to have in the squad. He's more than capable at this level and would definitely seem an improvement on Browne. His signing makes more sense than McKirdy in my opinion.

@TylerBI keep agreeing with you on this thread!

I also think it would be a good signing if it happens - a proven, pacy winger and an upgrade on Rhys.

The only thing I would add is that (like Robinson and Fitzpatrick) I hope people are patient in the opening weeks if he signs as Thomas will probably be short of match fitness.

• Like 2