onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

Gutted for Gibbo, and for Dave too.  In his 2 games back he really looked great, and, without being disrespectful to Mills, looked as though he would make a difference in the RB position.

Let’s hope it’s one of those situations where the stars are aligned and it’s somehow meant to be.

It's interesting that Leicester have a six page thread on their site dedicated to the problems they are having at left back. Not a mention of Mitch Clark anywhere as far as I can see so, in the fans' minds at least, he's nowhere near the first team. If Vale have been in touch, let's hope the lad can do his bit to persuade them to loan him out. The major sticking point though must be his wages - guess it's miles beyond anything we pay.

Still, fingers crossed.

Really gutted for Gibbo. I think he is a potential Championship player. He plays with good old fashioned grit and determination, not afraid to upset the opposition with tough tackling, has a very good engine. He is improving all the time with his distribution and decision making in the final 3rd. I think his attitude has a positive effect on others in the team.

I'm praying we can get Mitch in until the next transfer window. He would be a bloody brilliant replacement and easily be one of THE best players in L2. 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Really gutted for Gibbo. I think he is a potential Championship player. He plays with good old fashioned grit and determination, not afraid to upset the opposition with tough tackling, has a very good engine. He is improving all the time with his distribution and decision making in the final 3rd. I think his attitude has a positive effect on others in the team.

I'm praying we can get Mitch in until the next transfer window. He would be a bloody brilliant replacement and easily be one of THE best players in L2. 

Agree with all of that. Last season we looked so much better when Mitch came in at left back with gibbo Legge and Smith.

50 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Hopefully announced tomorrow morning and ready for selection on Saturday. 

If not clark then Hopefully another RB. We definitely need one 

Gut feeling says clark is coming home though 

I’m pretty sure he’s going to be announced tomorrow, but coming home? He’s a loan player. Never got the fascination with getting excited by loan players, even more so in a situation where we’ve just lost one of own through a freak injury and the lad hadn’t even had chance to hobble off the pitch before tweets and comments were flying around. 

Can’t believe how unlucky we’ve been this season with injuries already. Gibbo, Manny, Amoo, Mckirdy in particular all good players at this level that would walk into teams in league 2.

1 minute ago, PV1973 said:

Coming home? He’s a loan player. Never got the fascination with getting excited by loan players, when more so in a situation where we’ve just lost one of own through a freak injury.

Probably not the right wording coming home. I try not to get to attached to loan players but for Clark I think he is absolutely suited here , he said himself he loves being at the club. 

I'm absolutely gutted for Gibbons by the way. I've met him a couple of times and he is a fine chap and a proper professional who will no doubt be a championship player in the future.

Unfortunately this happens in football sadly but there's nothing wrong with getting excited about a player coming in. Especially one like Clark who for me personally is way to good for league 2 

Archived