onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

9 hours ago, MBE said:

Taylor did great for us last in the 1st half of last season but I can't see how he would get into the match day squad let alone the 1st team.  He is not as good as Sproey thinks playing in L2 again but I wish him all the best at Scunny... other than when he plays us!

He would definitely get in the squad .... no question about that. Far better than burgess and whitehead. 

I too wish him well. But any player like him who can regularly score goals from midfield is a diamond at this level and for me he'd probably be in our team.

We wanted him here. We tried twice to buy him.  I imagine he was offered to us again but that's just a guess. However, that bird has flown because we signed Whitehead (and Oyeleke is back in the fold). We can't keep on signing midfield players. 

Their gain is our loss. But I would hazard a guess that he'll score more goals than our midfield players. Time will tell.

I'm a little surprised he hasn't gone to a league one club but Scunny have money and pay good wages and it's fairly close to Nottingham. Better in league two than playing with the development squad.

Forget him now. We need to focus on our team and on our players.

Loan players are great to fill a gap in the squad, especially with class we cannot afford on a permanent basis. Most loan players we never hear about again, a few we sign later such as Walker and Beckford  and become stars with us, also the likes of Southall were way beyond our means. But at present we have a strong squad, they can strive for a place on the pitch without being pushed aside by a loanee.  Not saying we may need someone in January.

Best of luck to him there's a great player there. I wonder how he'll get on. Obviously a great player when he was with us at the back end of last year and the start of this year, but he hasn't played for a long time with his injury and then Covid.

When he first arrived at us he couldn't get into the team, and it was only when he formed a good partnership with Burgess that he was really good. He and Burgess seemed to suit each others play, with bags of energy and Joyce behind them. If the Scunthorpe midfield doesn't allow him the same role with players to suit his play around him, and a dressing room is different to the close nit one we have, is there a chance he might struggle? I've no doubt he'll be a great player with more experience, but he's still young and inexperienced.

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

I too wish him well. But any player like him who can regularly score goals from midfield is a diamond at this level and for me he'd probably be in our team.

We wanted him here. We tried twice to buy him.  I imagine he was offered to us again but that's just a guess. However, that bird has flown because we signed Whitehead (and Oyeleke is back in the fold). We can't keep on signing midfield players. 

Their gain is our loss. But I would hazard a guess that he'll score more goals than our midfield players. Time will tell.

I'm a little surprised he hasn't gone to a league one club but Scunny have money and pay good wages and it's fairly close to Nottingham. Better in league two than playing with the development squad.

Forget him now. We need to focus on our team and on our players.

Boslem is closer to Nottingham though,so probably his agent as gone for the dosh🤔🤔

3 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Boslem is closer to Nottingham though,so probably his agent as gone for the dosh🤔🤔

It won’t be for dosh, it’ll be for game time.  Remember he’s only on loan so his wage will be whatever he’s on at Forest.  Scunny will probably be paying a bigger percentage of that wage than other interested clubs were willing to do.  His agent would most likely look at the club where his player will get most first team outings TBF.

7 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

He's gone there because we already have 23 overs 22s in our squad and all loans players count as part of the cap regardless of age. He will get paid based on his deal with Forest, what percentage Scunthorpe pay is nothing to do with Sproston. We paid nearly all his wages when he came back in January, so he became quite expensive. I'd imagine Scunthorpe are also paying the majority of his wage. They clearly had some funds left within the salary cap.

8 hours ago, The Hov said:

Best of luck to him there's a great player there. I wonder how he'll get on. Obviously a great player when he was with us at the back end of last year and the start of this year, but he hasn't played for a long time with his injury and then Covid.

When he first arrived at us he couldn't get into the team, and it was only when he formed a good partnership with Burgess that he was really good. He and Burgess seemed to suit each others play, with bags of energy and Joyce behind them. If the Scunthorpe midfield doesn't allow him the same role with players to suit his play around him, and a dressing room is different to the close nit one we have, is there a chance he might struggle? I've no doubt he'll be a great player with more experience, but he's still young and inexperienced.

I tend to agree I think he'll struggle to score as frequently if he plays in a midfield 2. Not sure how Scunthorpe will set up this season.

For me the crux of the matter with Taylor was simply that Vale couldn't afford to wait. Askey wanted his squad in place as soon as possible.

My opinion for what it is worth is that Jake Taylor starts in our team . I'm not going to speculate who in place of because they are all playing well.

Had he played up until the season was sadly curtailed he may well of got 10 to 12 goals. From midfield that is priceless.

He couldn't even get back in the team because of how well Burgess was playing so respectfully, I disagree. Very good player and goalscoring midfielders are hard to find at this level. I would have snapped hands off to get him back but I couldn't justify dropping Joyce, Manny or Conlon on their present form so he wouldn't start for me. Unless he could suddenly morph into a makeshift false 9 a la Firmino and we don't play an out and out striker which would be a dangerous gamble I wouldn't necessarily wish to take. Wish him well at Scunthorpe and we'll be back to pick him up ready for his first taste of League One next season.

39 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

He couldn't even get back in the team because of how well Burgess was playing so respectfully, I disagree. Very good player and goalscoring midfielders are hard to find at this level. I would have snapped hands off to get him back but I couldn't justify dropping Joyce, Manny or Conlon on their present form so he wouldn't start for me. Unless he could suddenly morph into a makeshift false 9 a la Firmino and we don't play an out and out striker which would be a dangerous gamble I wouldn't necessarily wish to take. Wish him well at Scunthorpe and we'll be back to pick him up ready for his first taste of League One next season.

Yes mate that is what the forum is for, opinions. I think many have alluded to on here that JA is very loyal to those with the shirt.

Pope took ages to dislodge Bennett, likewise Smith only got back in because of Gibbons injury as Brisley had the shirt at Centre half.

Burgess deservedly kept his spot, i know Taylor didn't feature after Man City, but he only came back for the last 3 games, Walsall, Scunny and Cheltenham as a non-playing sub so it's not like he missed 10 games because of the form of others.

Taylor was gently brought back into the fold following his injury so i don't think it was actually a case of JA preferring Burgess. He simply wasn't 100% ready to go in the team. 

Were he signed in July all hindsight i know, i think he'd of been in the team. Conlon or Manny would of been the odd one out i reckon despite their decent form.

Anyway all irrelevant now but i can't help but think we need goals from midfield if we have aspirations. Conlon obviously has already notched but is Manny going to chip in ? We don't know the answer yet. Hopefully he will as at the end of the day we have played 3 games and are unbeaten so no moaning from anybody i hope !

9 hours ago, Pennywise said:

That’s generally what happens when a player is playing well though. Burgess was in form so of course it wasn’t fair to drop him for Taylor. Taylor would walk into our midfield

Archived