onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Advert

Pre Man City i wasn't totally sure i'd of even kept Conlon ( controversial i know ) , but from January onwards he was superb and really filled the void of Taylor.

Don't think for a minute Conlon will get near to Taylors goalscoring potential but he is now pivotal to our team and we do have Burgess and Whitehead now as cover.

Good luck to Jake apart from in the 2 games against ourselves.

24 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

While it's unlikely to happen , Mitch Clark coming back would be ideal now with the injuries to Mills , Monty and Gibbons needing Match Fitness.

No point IMO. Monty and Gibbo will be back soon enough. 

I’m struggling to comprehend why J Taylor would be on loan to a club in our league other than ourselves. I’ll presume that with his agent being Sproson and what our owners did for him when he had no transport, then this is a money deal. With his profile being a lot higher than when he first came to us and there being talk of a further lockdown I hope Scunny can afford his wages. I suggest that teams making transfers don’t go cap in hand to the EPL. The EPL will only give any help to the EFL, if they can in the future have their B teams and feeder teams in the EFL.

I think it's pretty simple. At the time we were looking to strengthen our midfield, taylor was not available for loan, as apparently NF were looking at him with a view to him being in the first team squad. We couldn't wait just on the off chance that he became available so we moved on, quite rightly. He was then made available for loan and seemingly couldn't get offers from league 1 as Sproson thought he might, so scunthorpe it was!

I’m struggling to comprehend why J Taylor would be on loan to a club in our league other than ourselves. I’ll presume that with his agent being Sproson and what our owners did for him when he had no transport, then this is a money deal. With his profile being a lot higher than when he first came to us and there being talk of a further lockdown I hope Scunny can afford his wages. I suggest that teams making transfers don’t go cap in hand to the EPL. The EPL will only give any help to the EFL, if they can in the future have their B teams and feeder teams in the EFL.

I don't know how much of Taylor's wages we were paying last season but I'm guessing Scunthorpe will be paying a much higher percentage.

I assume Sproson has got an 'in' at Scunny now. That's the second one of his players they've loaned from Forest since January.

Taylor did great for us last in the 1st half of last season but I can't see how he would get into the match day squad let alone the 1st team.  He is not as good as Sproey thinks playing in L2 again but I wish him all the best at Scunny... other than when he plays us!

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

Taylor did great for us last in the 1st half of last season but I can't see how he would get into the match day squad let alone the 1st team.  He is not as good as Sproey thinks playing in L2 again but I wish him all the best at Scunny... other than when he plays us!

Not strictly true.  Many clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 will simply be in no position to spend any more money given the current situation with finances has been exascerbated by the date for fans being allowed back being deferred.  I'd also say that he won't have suddenly become a bad player and it's reasonable to suggest he'd have comfortably made our match day squad.

3 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Not strictly true.  Many clubs in Leagues 1 and 2 will simply be in no position to spend any more money given the current situation with finances has been exascerbated by the date for fans being allowed back being deferred.  I'd also say that he won't have suddenly become a bad player and it's reasonable to suggest he'd have comfortably made our match day squad.

I don't agree with finance state. Despite the announcement on fans returning and the subsequent up roar there has been plenty of transfer activity involving L1 & L2 during the past 7 days. The reality is he was touted around L1 and there where no takers. I'm not suggesting he's a bad player, far from it - he's just not as good as his agent has been touting.

To get in our match day squad we would need to leave out Burgess or Whitehead which wouldn't happen. I know there are always question marks about Manny's fitness too but I expect Wozza will effectively play in an advance CM role due the quality options we have out wide.

I just don't see a role for him in the squad.

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

I don't agree with finance state. Despite the announcement on fans returning and the subsequent up roar there has been plenty of transfer activity involving L1 & L2 during the past 7 days. The reality is he was touted around L1 and there where no takers. I'm not suggesting he's a bad player, far from it - he's just not as good as his agent has been touting.

To get in our match day squad we would need to leave out Burgess or Whitehead which wouldn't happen. I know there are always question marks about Manny's fitness too but I expect Wozza will effectively play in an advance CM role due the quality options we have out wide.

I just don't see a role for him in the squad.

As things stand he'd walk in over Burgess and probably Whitehead.  Burgess hasn't hit the heights yet, whilst the jury is still out on Whitehead.  That's not to demean those two players but we've seen enough of Taylor to know what he's all about.  Not that it matters now.  One thing's for sure, it'll be intersting to see how it works out for him at Scunny.

Archived