onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

I don't really get this notion that McKirdy is a gamble. 11 goals and 7 assist from out wide for crappy Carlisle last season - I don't really care if he murders people in his spare time if he gets those sort of numbers for us. He winds opposition players and fans up. So what? Teams love that kind of player when he's pulling on your shirt. We all know full well that Askey wouldn't have gone near him if he didn't think he could get the lad to roll his socks up a bit. So let's embrace a brilliant signing and a very good transfer window which is without a doubt the best we have had for a number of years.

Advert

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Hopefully Bowers holds his hands up and considering he is meant to be ' in the know ' he actually knows Jack S**t and is stealing a living.

To think that he can go to the games and I can't is quite galling 

What a nasty piece of work you are. You do realise he is human and people can get things wrong? How do you know he’s stealing a living? He’s got a vast amount of knowledge about not only Vale but football in general. Totally unnecessary to abuse him, get a grip.

1 minute ago, GingerValiant said:

What a nasty piece of work you are. You do realise he is human and people can get things wrong? How do you know he’s stealing a living? He’s got a vast amount of knowledge about not only Vale but football in general. Totally unnecessary to abuse him, get a grip.

Plus 1! We are all on here and twitter chatting about the club we love some times we get things rong.

7 minutes ago, GingerValiant said:

Really ?

He's garbage

22 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I don't really get this notion that McKirdy is a gamble. 11 goals and 7 assist from out wide for crappy Carlisle last season - I don't really care if he murders people in his spare time if he gets those sort of numbers for us. He winds opposition players and fans up. So what? Teams love that kind of player when he's pulling on your shirt. We all know full well that Askey wouldn't have gone near him if he didn't think he could get the lad to roll his socks up a bit. So let's embrace a brilliant signing and a very good transfer window which is without a doubt the best we have had for a number of years.

They're all gambles at the end of the day.  Bolton have signed Doyle based on is time at Swindon but they could end up with the player who played for Bradford.  The slight worry with McKirdy is that we've all read about, and don't want a repeat of, his antics at Carlisle, where, for whatever reason, he fell out with a section of the home support.

27 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I don’t doubt for one minute that McKirdy has bags of ability. The reason why this is seen as a risk is that we were two days before the season started before he got fixed up. Clubs should have been falling over themselves at our level to sign him. Let’s hope he’s learnt a few lessons. 

TBF mate, are you any good at presenting and commentating on a Game of football with potentially thousands listening to you.
Easy to criticise, but I wouldn't dream of criticising you at your job, as I'd prob be crap at it.

Hopefully Bowers holds his hands up and considering he is meant to be ' in the know ' he actually knows Jack S**t and is stealing a living.

20 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Really ?

He's garbage

Honestly pal, you're a disgrace. He's a bloke who's one of us, does a decent job and cares about the club. So, he got a rumour wrong. Who cares? Stop being such a Smurthwaite.

52 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

You showed your arse with this post too. What the hell do you do for a living? Stick it on here and I'll happily critique you. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

He has asked to speak to you directly via twitter. 

I would suggest it would be the right thing to take him up on the offer and chat to him man to man.

Thoughts?

A86A76FB-35A4-43C4-B426-6F560A6C52AA.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I don’t doubt for one minute that McKirdy has bags of ability. The reason why this is seen as a risk is that we were two days before the season started before he got fixed up. Clubs should have been falling over themselves at our level to sign him. Let’s hope he’s learnt a few lessons. 

How do you know other clubs weren't interested ? 

You have to trust Askey in his team building.

Bowers is worth 1000x Blakemans. He's a Vale fan, and has posted on here for a very, very long time. 

Bit harsh. If you're going to target someone at RS I can think of about four other names who actually deserve it!  :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Moz said:

Stop being such a Smurthwaite.

Ooh I like this. 

Seriously, Bowers needs wrapping in cotton wool. He's been the only normal on local radio for the last 20 years.

George Andrews, Blakeman, Foghorn Gleghorn, Acres, that one who got plssed live on air on her last day. They're all extras off Phoenix Nights! 

Archived