onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

robf

Delighted with this signing, and it's the best transfer window we've had for a long time!

I think HM will become as popular as Gareth Ainsworth did )who also had some critics!). But, I have some disappointments with this saga:

Disappointed in some of our fans, having to resort to attacks on his personal appearance - that's the kind of thing I loathed about Clive Tyldesley and Jonathan Pearce...and the Irish commentator whose name I can never remember! Not for them to comment on a player's appearance (tattoos/hairstyle, etc) and no need to do it on here if you're proved wrong about something!

Also disappointed that some of you seem prepared to be the big guy, and accept a wager, then not cough up when you lose (although, at least 1 of you have done, since)?

Finally, disappointed that somebody who, clearly, heard something definite felt the need to broadcast it when it ought to have been a confidence. We had this over the official release of the home kit (how's sales doing, by the way?)

But, overall a very good window for the Vale Management Team and owners, and I think this signing pushes us a little closer to promotion? A 1-year deal would make sense if we did get promotion - HM could then be offered a new contract to extend his stay  with us, in a League he must feel he can play in?

Think this will be good business!

Advert

Fantastic transfer window overall for Vale.......so far!

The reason I say so far is that the window is still open, and there’s the obvious increased risk of injury with a lot of games in a short space of time, rotation will be crucial.

There’s another risk that someone may fancy prizing away one of our assets, and if they do it would interesting to see how JA and team would react.

Well done Vale, excellent start to the new campaign, lots of optimism and the single best transfer window we’ve had since the rule changes.

This thread has been brilliant entertainment for the past 10 -12 pages. Thank you to all contributors for the entertainment but a shout out to Doha for his donation... Top man.

Really like the signing of McKirdy. Can create something out of nothing and scores goals.We look in great shape now as a squad but my expectations have rocketed. I would be disappointed with anything less than 3rd place. I really do feel the continuity of the 1st team and the strength in depth we should be up getting off to a good start and be up towards the top all season.

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Oooops!! Did someone say Bowers knows more than our "in the know" supporter?

To be fair, The other Carlisle winger we had on trial Thomas was (as I understand it) offered a deal this week and he turned it down. 

Agree with all the recent posts about our squad this season, a definite improvement on last years back up players. We've brought in players who could start instead of being bench warmers. We’ve heard nothing of Campbell-Gordon so can only assume he’s going out on loan with Fitzpatrick signing and I wouldn’t be surprised it Hurst and DTS went out too. 

I believe Askey has already said in an interview that if he causes any problems he would be out,so the lad will know that,its great to know that Askey has it sorted(never doubted that),no risk to the club then.. hopefully he will hit the ground running and be fantastic for us as i am sure the lad has natural ability that if he knuckles down and is sensible he could become a saleable asset for us that will allow him to progress his career higher up

I agree that this has been an excellent window.

Looking at the fixtures, it's a good job that we have good cover in all positions.

There will be a minimum of 27 fixtures in the 17 weeks from the start of the season to the end of the year. More if we progress in any of the 3 cup competitions.

The energy levels in our squad are now really high.

Such a difference from a couple of seasons ago. An excellent reshaping job.

I think McKirdy is a good gamble. One thing we lack going forward is a bit of guile and a bit of cleverness. McKirdy looks to offer that.

We’ve got good options now going forward. Still a bit concerned about creativity from midfield but this is the best squad, on paper, that we’ve had since being relegated.

4 hours ago, TylerB said:

When is the last time we had such a strong squad? I always thought last season even before a ball was kicked that our first 11 was as good as anyone else's outside perhaps a few teams. But with two or three injuries there would be a big drop in quality. We don't have that problem now. Even Amoo who was pretty much a guaranteed starter when fit previously will have to really fight for his place once he returns from injury, and certainly doesn't walk back into the side. Tom Pope has gone from one of the first names on the team-sheet to probably a bit part player. That's no disrespect to him, he'll score goals when he's 40 and and has more hair on his nutsack than on his head as long as he gets decent service. But age is catching up with him, and Robinson and Cullen are two great other options to have, as is Rodney who clearly has a lot of potential to fulfil. 

To think we might start the season with players like McKirdy, Oyeleke, Cullen and Mills on the bench. It's a testament to the job Sir John and the wonderful owners are doing. It's just a shame that these positive vibes throughout the club are clashing with a global pandemic and people aren't able to enjoy it as much as they should be, and truly show the support the players and staff deserve. Hopefully that will come sooner rather than later.

Nothing left to say

Brilliant post

6 hours ago, geoff1 said:

but were not paid to!

No we're not, but my point still stands.

8 hours ago, geoff1 said:

bowers, radio joke , 👎👎his predictions are as good as his inane commentary, 

PB may well take on board your constructive criticism geoff, then again he may well read it and wonder if it was posted by a child.

Archived